• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Cheating again

The only thing needed for this thread to be complete is for NCSU fans discussing the academic superiority of State over those damn librul arts schools that just hand out diplomas to anyone!

The only thing needed for this thread to be complete is for NCSU fans discussing the academic superiority of State over those damn librul arts schools that just hand out diplomas to anyone!
I am too busy changing the oil in the tractor today to deal with that. I will let Bo hande that debate on the other board.

Excluding the expansion teams, Clemson are the biggest cheats in the league history-hands down. State's errors have tended to be academics-admissions policies, graduation rates, etc. They have done a poor job of looking after their weaker student athletes un-like UNC where we have learned a system existed for passing them through with minimal work or ability. Clemson has always had the SEC mentality-if you have not been caught cheating, then you are not trying hard enough.

The Leslie infraction looks minor on the surface but State fans better hope his incident doesn't give the NCAA probable cause to start sniffing around Sidney Lowe's recruiting practice$ and his AAU contact$.

The Leslie infraction looks minor on the surface but State fans better hope his incident doesn't give the NCAA probable cause to start sniffing around Sidney Lowe's recruiting practice$ and his AAU contact$.

Considering how much all of this supposed "cheating" helped NCSU I doubt we will see the NCAA anywhere near State anytime soon.

Wait, is someone from West Virginia really running down Eastern NC? Seriously?

Sure, most towns in Eastern NC suck, but Greenville is about on par with anything WV has to offer, and Wilmington blows every single town in WV out of the fucking water.

Literally the only advantage that WV has over Eastern NC is skiing, and outside of that one month out of the year when you can get halfway decent powder instead of shitty ass ice crystals on the slopes, you're still living with a bunch of hillbillies with the black lung with no culture whatsoever.

In short, go suck a dick KA. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Sure, most towns in Eastern NC suck, but Greenville is about on par with anything WV has to offer, and Wilmington blows every single town in WV out of the fucking water.

Literally the only advantage that WV has over Eastern NC is skiing, and outside of that one month out of the year when you can get halfway decent powder instead of shitty ass ice crystals on the slopes, you're still living with a bunch of hillbillies with the black lung with no culture whatsoever.

In short, go suck a dick KA. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Not to mention the fact that Eastern NC supplies the state with the best Q around.

Wow, didn't expect to bait Wake fans with that.

I live in nowheresville now (actually more to do here than you probably think, the university draws some pretty interesting people) but before this I lived in one of the largest cities in Asia. Lived in tiny towns, small towns, and big cities. So I'm all too aware of the available comparisons for Raleigh and points east. Spent plenty of time in Raleigh as well. It's all right, nothing special really.
Surely you're not arguing there is more to do there than in DC. Since both NCSU and Maryland are similar non-achievers of late, it would seem the main difference in their solvency would be found in the relative competition for the local leisure dollar.

http://images.businessweek.com/slideshows/20110920/america-s-50-best-cities/slides/51

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/1/bestplaces08_Raleigh-NC_100138.html

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/news/1104/gallery.growing_southern_cities.fortune/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/01/pf/college/Americas_brainiest_cities/index.htm

http://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/best-places-to-retire/north_carolina/raleigh

I could keep posting more, but the accolades from the last couple of years should suffice. Nothing special? Show me a single place in ND or WV that can compete.

ETA: I will give you a comparison- http://bestcities.milkeninstitute.o...nkyear=2010&type=rank200c&mid1=1807&mid2=1861

I had originally said I would give you a couple of comparisons, but there is nowhere in ND the miliken institute deems worthy of study.

Last edited:

How many fucking times do I have to say I am not from West Virginia?! In fact, I don't think I've ever at any point in my life had an address in West Virginia. If I was from there, I'd be proud of it though. There's a lot to like about the state, also a lot not to like. Like a lot of places. Most places, I'd say.

And if you talk about WV outdoor sports and don't mention whitewater rafting, you really brand yourself as someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. I'd say that's much more notable than the skiing.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. I would guess I've traveled a lot more in NC than you have in WV. Eastern NC smells like hog shit. That is all that really needs to be said.

The funniest thing is I was really just trying to bait the NC State people, and I end up catching a bunch of seemingly offended Wake fans. Not sure if this is because of the neverending zeal to confront me, or you really have that much love for hog farms and swampland.

You're honestly surprised that insulting the state in which Wake is located would piss off Wake fans?

damn-you-dumb.jpg

Sorry I didn't know so many Wake fans loved hog farms. I guess I'm not as irrational as some, but I don't automatically defend and like everything about my home state regardless of how much different it is from the region in which I was raised. I wonder if Clemson fans get all pissed if someone says something bad about Columbia. This fan base gets weirder all the time.

Hope all those people living in lovely Raleigh are able to support themselves, what with the city having a higher unemployment rate than either WV or ND.

I think most of the people arguing with me on this thread just want something to be confrontational about. Meanwhile the NC State fans must be laughing their asses off that Wake folks are the ones taking the bait.

And you all call them the rubes. LOL.

But I will give you one thing...Raleigh beats the hell out of Winston-Salem or Greensboro. No doubting that.

So you found that a city has higher unemployment than two sparsely populated states. Nice research, dumbass. I'm not going to address the rest of your idiotic post.

So you found that a city has higher unemployment than two sparsely populated states. Nice research, dumbass. I'm not going to address the rest of your idiotic post.

Not to mention WV has the 49th ranked average income. They might be working, but they aren't doing much.

Average household income in Raleigh: $51,969
Average household income in WV: $37,435

*Found* a city? Yeah, I had to search long and hard to unearth it in the haystack...amid all the links IN THIS FUCKING THREAD about how great a city it is, and all the other posts by people who are apparently offended at the idea of tweaking NC State.

Not to mention WV has the 49th ranked average income. They might be working, but they aren't doing much.

Yes, because the amount of money you make is directly proportional to how much work you're doing.

I bet kids in Pakistan hardly work at all. Look at how little they get paid!

*Found* a city? Yeah, I had to search long and hard to unearth it in the haystack...amid all the links IN THIS FUCKING THREAD about how great a city it is, and all the other posts by people who are apparently offended at the idea of tweaking NC State.

Try reading again. He didn't say you found a city. He said you found that a city. Makes a huge difference.

reading-rainbow-levar-burton.jpg

Yes, because the amount of money you make is directly proportional to how much work you're doing.

I bet kids in Pakistan hardly work at all. Look at how little they get paid!

I didn't say they weren't working hard. I said they weren't doing much. Household income relates to your productivity in society and your utility. I can go dig ditches all day and bust my ass and I will be worth less pay than one guy with a backhoe.

images

Back