• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Think you can easily rule out State away and ND away as many people will be travelling to the games those weekends.

Great point.

The Clemson game (either Thursday AM or Friday) would seem to be perfect.

BTW, when are you coming back to town to whup on NoVa again?

Great point.

The Clemson game (either Thursday AM or Friday) would seem to be perfect.

BTW, when are you coming back to town to whup on NoVa again?

NoVa is going under the knife next week for some knee issues so he's not going to be able to play for a bit. Barrpet who posts here occasionally is around the same level as NoVa and I, and will be in Winston most the summer doing research. I think he was considering joining Pine Brook as well on some type of summer or student membership.

I'll hopefully make it down for a weekend in early June, though if not, it'll be in July when I move to Richmond but before I start working.

Playing with Mrs. DF07. We well set our tee time after that to save you the trouble of playing through.

Man, I really gotta get the double bogeys off my scorecard. Shot a 94 today (which I'm ok with considering before this season I rarely shot under 100 and I'm under on 4 of my 5 rounds this season), but I still just hit too many shots that shoot off to the right. A couple 3 putts didn't help either.

I am looking to get a new putter any recommendations?

I am looking to get a new putter any recommendations?

Go to Dicks and mess around with all the putters.... or just keep using your own...

Unless you're just one of those people that just think if they can't putt that it's the putters fault.

Then by all means go out and get 50 of them

Couldn't get on to Pinebrook until 4. Hopefully getting 18 in. Depends on how fast Mrs. DF07 plays.

Played down in Miami yesterday and had a very interesting round.

45 on the front nine, driver was pretty meh with no going to the range before.

Back 9 I start off bogey and par. Hole 12 is a 149 par 3, and I hit it about 18 inches from the hole, tap in for birdie. Hole 13 is a 330 yard dog leg right where you can't see the green. I tee off and go for it over the houses, not sure whether or not it's good. Drive on up and find it sitting on the front of the green. Barely missed the eagle putt.

Finished the back 9 at 37 for an 82.

Go to Dicks and mess around with all the putters.... or just keep using your own...

Unless you're just one of those people that just think if they can't putt that it's the putters fault.

Then by all means go out and get 50 of them

No I am not one of them and I have used the same putter since I started junior high golf team 21 years ago it is time to put her down.

Shot a 79. Went out in 40 and came home in 39. I think number 3 is an incredibly ridiculous golf hole but I guess that's what they're going for with the green across the water.

Ended up doubling three and made six other bogies to go along with a birdie at 18. I was spinning the ball all over the place which is very rare for me and the greens were really quick. All in all it's a good course. Cumberland played the tips with Doofus and me and shot a 100. He said he think he's still a bit away from playing the tips out there any time soon.

Played like dog shit today. Nearly hit what may have been a poster on 12 or 13 with one of my uncharacteristically decent drives. Apologized twice, but in case they post, felt like a third was appropriate. One of my worst rounds ever. Lost a ton of balls today.

That being said, Pinebrook is a pretty nice course. I will be back again soon.

Pinebrook: 1
DF07: 0

I saw you guys on 2 when we were waiting on the 8th tee, but didn't wanna shout across the course cuz there was a group on 7 and the 1st green haha.

I hit an atrocious second shot on 8 from about 220 out and pulled a hybrid through the trees onto the 9th tee almost hitting the threesome teeing off over there.

I shot an 84 with three birdies. I was just all over the place today with my irons and am battling the dreaded s word. PBCC was in pretty good shape despite the beating it took with the rain yesterday and the greens were really slick.

Back