• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

$325m expansion fee? Feel like a lot of that $$ has to be going straight to not just the other owners pockets but the corrupt people running the incestuous MLS/USMNT. If owners were willing to spend anything like that amount on the actual game I think the only leagues that could compete would be the top 5 or so. The top guys will want to play CL but MLS could be the league every South American player gets developed in before going to the top clubs in Europe

$325m expansion fee? Feel like a lot of that $$ has to be going straight to not just the other owners pockets but the corrupt people running the incestuous MLS/USMNT. If owners were willing to spend anything like that amount on the actual game I think the only leagues that could compete would be the top 5 or so. The top guys will want to play CL but MLS could be the league every South American player gets developed in before going to the top clubs in Europe

I think Tepper got hit with an expedition fee. I also think that's the new base price moving forward. It will never go below 350m again. Tepper obviously had no problem paying it so he sees profit there to be made.

Whatever they name it, it's going to beat the shit out of the team from Atlanta.

And the name should have Charlotte in it. Fuck this regional BS.

Team will 100% be Charlotte branded

So what's the consensus on the name?

I would be fine with just Charlotte FC, then if you want to create a nickname that is more colorful that could be an 'unofficial' name. I hate all these cutesy ones like Crowns, Fortune, etc.

So what's the consensus on the name?

I would be fine with just Charlotte FC, then if you want to create a nickname that is more colorful that could be an 'unofficial' name. I hate all these cutesy ones like Crowns, Fortune, etc.

Everything I’ve heard points towards Charlotte Town FC being the name

That’s terrible. How hard is it to make up a name that doesn’t sound fucking stupid?

I haven’t lived here long but is “Charlotte Town” a thing? Queen City FC is consensus on my Panthers beat writer Twitter.

There are 250-year old maps floating around that identify the city as Charlottetown and Charlottesburgh.

EL7IoOVWwAAywkT

Back