• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Lynden Gooch with two goals and a hockey assist in the first half of Sunderland's game today. Has anyone actually seen him play in the last couple of years and have any opinions on whether he's any good?

Last edited:
Just a quick injury recap:

Pulisic with no timetable for return
Weah injures his OTHER hamstring minutes into his first match back after being out for six months
Adams misses Champions League and Bundesliga matches w injury
Steffen our for indeterminate period with issues. Sent back to ManCity for further evaluation
Arriola to miss entire season w ACL
Duane Holmes having very good season at Derby County is out injured
Miazga still out at Reading

Who else am I missing?

Just a quick injury recap:

Pulisic with no timetable for return
Weah injures his OTHER hamstring minutes into his first match back after being out for six months
Adams misses Champions League and Bundesliga matches w injury
Steffen our for indeterminate period with issues. Sent back to ManCity for further evaluation
Arriola to miss entire season w ACL
Duane Holmes having very good season at Derby County is out injured
Miazga still out at Reading

Who else am I missing?

Antonee Robinson didn’t play because of injury and Yedlin dressed but didn’t play.

Omir, Brandon, and McKenzie all named to the preliminary 50 man Olympic qualifying roster (which has to be comprised of U23 players who may or may not be released by clubs).

Didn't he Stu Holden his knees to speed up the flaming out process?

He blew out his ACL a few years ago, as I recall. But he really hasn't played much anywhere. Didn't play much as SKC last year. Don't know if he's catching fire at NYCFC either. He's only 23 so maybe he's got time to get things going.

Speaking of injuries, Weah confirmed out for the season for Lille. Gonna lose an entire year to hamstring injuries. Bummer.

Rumor mill speculating Zach Steffen may be at Man City next season as the backup instead of them loaning him out again to someone. Fortuna would probably like to keep them, but they're getting relegated and I'm not sure 2.Bundeliga is the best place for him.

Most reasonable folks already knew this, but nice to hear him say it anyway. There was never any chance he was gonna consider England.

Back