• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1,000,000 Ways to Die in the West

what's the big deal? from other reviews around the internet, rj is spot on with his review

He's too smart to work in anything this badly written........
See 1:01 mark

What drama?
The only drama I see is what WRS started with LK...I have no interest in anything about LK.

Guys it wasn't about RJ, so he doesn't fucking care

what's the big deal? from other reviews around the internet, rj is spot on with his review

The big deal is it's rj.

Source: All tags for this thread and many others

Last edited:
No surprise. When the previews aren't even funny, the movie stands a pretty good chance at sucking.

Because this thread is a combination of a few board memes: "old man yells at cloud", RJKritic watches movie alone, and RJ has high expectations for a predictably terrible product. All we're missing is a reference to apartheid South Africa and the name drop of some long forgotten B-list movie star/director
"The plot of the movie reminded me of a story that my buddy Henry Fritz told me about Kathleen Turner from when he was a key grip on Romancing the Stone..."

Last edited:
1,000,001 was having to watch this movie. I am so disappointed. I was so psyched on my way to the theater. My thought was this could be a Top 5 comedy about the west. Maybe this could be the 21st century's Blazing Saddles.

Charlize Theron should have been the perfect casting. She's fantastically beautiful. She's can be very, very funny. She has physical comedy ability too. If the script wasn't terrible she could have been great.

Liam Neeson could have been really good.

Sarah Silverman should have been great casting

The script sucked big time. If Seth MacFarlane's name wasn't on it, there would have been no chance for this disaster to have been made. There were a couple of funny parts, but they were very few and very far between.

At very best this is a D+ movie.

You didn't see this coming how? The red band trailer is the movie, at least the entertaining parts. Watched that. No need to go.

Macfarlane is a one trick pony (the Boston themed crude Ted/Family Guy Humor) because that's what he knows, and he's good at it. It's funny. He wants to be Harry Connick, Fred Astaire and Mel Brooks. He's not.

Not surprising. Ted was terrible. Evidently, this turd is as well.

LOL whut. Ted was funny as hell. Isn't it the highest grossing comedy of all time? My wife hates Family Guy and even she liked Ted.

I can hear the fat kid runnin'

That's hilarious

LOL whut. Ted was funny as hell. Isn't it the highest grossing comedy of all time? My wife hates Family Guy and even she liked Ted.

it was pretty "meh"

the top two most popular comedies on tv are two and a half men and big bang theory for what that tells you about the current comedy landscape and popular opinion

Not surprising. Ted was terrible. Evidently, this turd is as well.

worst movie I've ever seen in the theater. didn't help things that the AC was broken and I sat next to an awful dude who had an incredibly obnoxious laugh and repeated EVERY SINGLE joke. it's no wonder he was there on his own.

since I had that clouding my experience I watched it again recently. nope, still awful.

Your funnybone must have cramped up like Lebron.

I thought Ted was pretty good. Not great, but certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen.

Ted wasn't The Hangover funny, but it had some great moments. I also like Mark Wahlburg, can watch him and his brother in anything.

Its hard to be funny, much harder than it is to be dramatic. Comedic actors get no love but in reality they should and comedy writers are geniuses.

The thing is Charlize Theron has great comedy chops. Sarah Silverman could be really good in a spoof. Liam Neeson could have been the perfect bad guy in a spoof.

It's all about MacFarlane not being an actor and being a hack writer. He had a good set-up and the cornerstones of a really good cast. He didn't execute.

I didn't think Ted was that good. Not sure if I laughed once. Movies like Caddyshack and Stripes were hilarious. Comedies just aren't that funny nowadays. I did laugh a few times during Tropic Thunder. And I think Eastbound and Down is hilarious. But most comedies today are garbage.

I didn't think Ted was that good. Not sure if I laughed once. Movies like Caddyshack and Stripes were hilarious. Comedies just aren't that funny nowadays. I did laugh a few times during Tropic Thunder. And I think Eastbound and Down is hilarious. But most comedies today are garbage.

that was the idea for my thread

i typically hate the argument that "X today is garbage" but comedies haven't been GREAT for a pretty good while now

Caddyshack is the most overrated movie of all time.

Almost more overrated than Bruce Springsteen.

Back