• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1 minute horror short

oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll no

There's been plenty of times I've come across stuff on night or overhead dives which really give me pause: "How the hell did that end up here?" Usually, the more peculiar it is, the more eerie the dive gets. That's a great video.

There's been plenty of times I've come across stuff on night or overhead dives which really give me pause: "How the hell did that end up here?" Usually, the more peculiar it is, the more eerie the dive gets. That's a great video.

Examples?

OFN.

Diving in the dark in murky-ish water is basically all of my worst fears in one experience.

Examples?

Once found a bowling ball stuck up inside the engine compartment of a quarry crane. In perfect condition but deep inside the engine compartment. In a quarry in the middle of nowhere. Found an office desk with chair and lamp, sitting perfectly upright, in a lake. I can only imagine someone set that up as an underwater photo and just left it. There was a notepad, coffee cup, and 10-key all screwed into the desk to keep them from floating away. This past weekend, I found a thong on a night dive on Alligator Reef off Islamorada. Just backrolled in and noticed something hot-pink down in a rock crevice 30-feet below the boat. Judging from the lack of silt on it, it must've come off the night before.

OFN.

Diving in the dark in murky-ish water is basically all of my worst fears in one experience.

Every condition has it's appeal- or not. I enjoy it simply b/c it makes me rely on my other senses- and there just is no cheating. Search and recovery in blackwater is exhilarating. But there's also nothing like being in a kelp forest in crystal clear water when suddenly, from behind your head, a seal face fills your mask, blinking in like "what the hell kind of thing are you?"

Every condition has it's appeal- or not. I enjoy it simply b/c it makes me rely on my other senses- and there just is no cheating. Search and recovery in blackwater is exhilarating. But there's also nothing like being in a kelp forest in crystal clear water when suddenly, from behind your head, a seal face fills your mask, blinking in like "what the hell kind of thing are you?"

I appreciate your enjoyment of the activity.
For me, the only "exhilarating" part of S&R in blackwater would be the sensation of poop in my wetsuit if i were to come across something.

For me, the only "exhilarating" part of S&R in blackwater would be the sensation of poop in my wetsuit if i were to come across something.

You wear a wetsuit?

I've only done tropical diving, and we wore shorties. :noidea:

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing reading his descriptions, so your response is perfect. I feel uneasy swimming in murky water to begin with so in those cases I would probably just shit myself.

I think I saw that chick once in the corner at Peachtree Tavern...or maybe it was Moondogs.

Back