• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1 year from now....

Hondo

Reaction score
Preface this by saying that I wasn't that shocked that Carson elected to move-on. Nice kid and all but ordinarily would/should have seen limited time as a raw/not ready frosh and maybe 5-8 minutes this year. Always reminded me of a Visser type situation where he might evolve into something consistantly productive by his senior year. Amazingly poor at rebounding for his size and lacking in upper-body strength right now. He should be more of a player at a MAAC school like Siena or possibly a 2nd-tier A-10 team like Duquesne.

Fields I dunno. AIR, he had an injury early on and the few times we saw him he looked o.k. to me future wise but definately couldn't/wouldn't shoot the ball. Guessing he just wanted a change of scenery.

Chennault's mom is ill and thus I give him alot of rope on leaving. Obviously didn't expect it but can't be helped.

Now, about the thread title....

The Frosh

We've been down this road before with the ATT hoopla. Incoming frosh recruits are 'suspects' to me. You hope they can help right away but most often they're not ready. I don't think there are any exceptions like Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving or Harrison Barnes here. Nor are there likely any Nolan Smiths or Tyler Zellers either. Again, under normal circumstances, we appear to have 1 kid seemingly ready to play, 1 we could normally expect to be in a top-7 rotation and 3 with 'down the road' potential and 1 'wild-card' project. However, as we're now down to only 4 returning schollie players, at least 4 of these kids will get immediate significant minutes....ready or not.

If anyone thinks this season's OOC skid was soft, wait till ya see next year's slate. W's are gonna be hard to find. I'm guessing we'll see something in between the last 2 years record wise next season. It won't be much fun and would not be surprised if a couple of these frosh decide to transfer in search of a more positive experience.

Remember, there are coaches out there ( remember Billy Donovan ! ) also recruiting our prospects who are bad-mouthing Buzz and Wake during this malaize. To say turning this program around is an uphill battle is quite the understatement !

"If anyone thinks this season's OOC skid was soft, wait till ya see next year's slate."

My greatest fear is that we schedule even more cupcakes, eke out 3 or 4 more wins OOC, and then have to listen to Bz, Wellman, and baord trolls (blackgold) call it progress all offseason.

Back