• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

10 cokes a day for 30 days

he needs new kidneys and now on dialysis.

soft drinks are the worst for kidney health...along with being obese and diabetic, but that relates back to the original statement.

i mean who drinks soft drinks still?

he needs new kidneys and now on dialysis.

soft drinks are the worst for kidney health...along with being obese and diabetic, but that relates back to the original statement.

i mean who drinks soft drinks still?

I drink red bull and Gatorade pretty much just as bad. Try to keep it to one a day for both of those though.

I used to drink an incredible amount of Coca-Cola or Cheerwine (probably around 10 a day), as we have a soda fountain in our break room. As my metabolism slowed down as I reached middle age, my weight started to creep up and I just generally felt like shit all of the time, much like the guy in this article describes.

Last May I decided that I did not like the way I was heading. I quit soft drinks cold turkey (haven't had one since May 23) and went on the Keto diet. I lost 20 pounds in about 8 weeks and now weigh the same as I did when I was 25. I stopped doing Keto after about 3 months (it is not something you can do forever) but have stayed away from soft drinks, instead drinking at least 10-12 cups of water a day. I have kept the weight off and feel great.

Yeah, I cut out soft drinks years ago. Still need to drop the sweet tea though.

I drank a 20 oz non-diet soda for the first time in months recently and felt absolutely awful. 65 grams of sugar. That's over 5 tablespoons.

Can you imagine putting 5 tablespoons of sugar in any sort of drink at home? I never put more than 1 (usually 0) in coffee or tea. It's like a Buddy the Elf drink but real life.

I drank a 20 oz non-diet soda for the first time in months recently and felt absolutely awful. 65 grams of sugar. That's over 5 tablespoons.

Can you imagine putting 5 tablespoons of sugar in any sort of drink at home? I never put more than 1 (usually 0) in coffee or tea. It's like a Buddy the Elf drink but real life.

I stopped drinking coffee with sugar a long time ago. I usually just go black or a touch of cream, I am at the point where I think it tastes bad with sugar.

Yeah, sugar is one hell of a drug (might as well be called one). Like anything, in moderation is meh, but copious amounts will fuck your body up. The artificial sweeteners have their own issues. I try to just stay away from sodas.

Since my thyroid issues, I have really changed my diet. I also feel much better...but everyone feels better about themselves when they are more svelte.

Goodbye kidneys! I've toned on the sodas over the last few years. Mostly lemonade and sweet tea for me if I do get soft drinks but majority of the time I drink water.

I only drink the new Coke Zero these days. Maybe one or two Cheerwine's a year other than that, but I doubt I could finish anything more than a can of that.

I never liked the taste of soda as a kid, but over time grew to tolerate any of the "non-brown" sodas (Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer) like Sprite, orange soda, Mountain Dew, etc. But now I barely drink them, think they're too cloying and that diet versions taste even worse. I will make exceptions for the very occasional Cheerwine (especially from a glass bottle with real sugar), Diet Cheerwine, and tonic (with gin!).

I'm still at a two a day habit with Cokes. I've always kinda considered it my one major vice and that I'd never give it up, but as I get older it might have to get reduced to a one a day max because the weight is slowly creeping up a little bit

Goodbye kidneys! I've toned on the sodas over the last few years. Mostly lemonade and sweet tea for me if I do get soft drinks but majority of the time I drink water.
Strong third post. Interested to see where we go from here

"While 10 per day may sound extreme, he was trying to mimic the impact on people who may drink less per day but over a longer time period."

This seems like a pretty idiotic premise.

Back