• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

10 of music's most rewarding long cuts

Yeah, first side of Hemispheres is MUCH cooler.

"Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres"
I. Prelude
II. Apollo (Bringer of Wisdom)
III. Dionysus (Bringer of Love)
IV. Armageddon (The Battle of Heart and Mind)
V. Cygnus (Bringer of Balance)
VI. The Sphere (A Kind of Dream)

Lots of options from Floyd, so I'll also add the first five parts of Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

I think the standard version of Nina Simone's Sinner Man is 10+ min.

Cygnus II is definitely better than Cygnus I, but neither of them is Xanadu.

Not sure how this got left off:

Also, I don't care about the no Genesis rule.

Last edited:
Gotta have Diamond Sea if you're gonna dig up Sonic Youth.

Good call on Station To Station.

Battle Of Epping Forest or the title track if you're going to do that particular Genesis Album. Supper's Ready is their obvious go-to though.

Battle Of Epping Forest or the title track if you're going to do that particular Genesis Album. Supper's Ready is their obvious go-to though.

Firth of Fifth may actually be my favorite from that album, but The Cinema Show was the only one over ten minutes. The whole thing is great, though.

Firth of Fifth may actually be my favorite from that album, but The Cinema Show was the only one over ten minutes. The whole thing is great, though.

Agreed. Probably my favorite album of theirs start to finish as well.

Gotta have Diamond Sea if you're gonna dig up Sonic Youth.

Good call on Station To Station.

I feel like Sonic Youth has so many. Diamond Sea is good, but so are these:

Also, here are two other classics:

Elizabeth Reed
Rime of the ancient mariner

So these are the songs played at 3am on radio stations or when the DJ has to take a dump?

I don't see Trilogy from Allgood anywhere, so this list is clearly illegitimate - all of you are as well

Back