• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

100 Years Ago Today, United States Officially Entered World War I

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score

Good time to plug the podcast Hardcore History's series on WWI: Blueprint for Armageddon

yep. the one-off upside called Prophets of Doom is probably my other favorite.

Wish he would do a series on Napoleon

Another recommendation: if you want an amazing account of the early part of the war, read Now it Can Be Told by Philip Gibbs. He was a british war correspondent on the Western Front who wrote his uncensored observations of the war.

WHT-B2BCLASS-1_1024x1024.jpg

P cool Trump celebrated the anniversary by shooting a bunch of missiles off

America is like two air strikes away from being great again

Apocalypse WW1 was a great multi-part series on AHC. I believe it was produced in Canada, so it isn't Ameri-centric (and it shouldn't be, considering our minimal-- by comparison-- contributions to WW1). WW1 was very glossed over in the books when I was growing up, and it still is as near as I can tell. That series did a great job explaining its genesis and also included some great footage. The footage is all colorized as well.

Apocalypse WW1 was a great multi-part series on AHC. I believe it was produced in Canada, so it isn't Ameri-centric (and it shouldn't be, considering our minimal-- by comparison-- contributions to WW1). WW1 was very glossed over in the books when I was growing up, and it still is as near as I can tell. That series did a great job explaining its genesis and also included some great footage. The footage is all colorized as well.

Interesting that you mention this because, in my experience with British friends, they are both grateful for our eventual participation and intervention in WWI/WWII and angry/confused at how long it took us to get involved.

Back