• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

12/29 Bowl Games thread: Baylor vs. Washington and Florida State vs. Notre Dame

I get the whole coaching intensity "thing" and Kelly's more animated than most.

But, just how tight is a young QB when he knows every little mistake, he's going to have his ass chewed on national television for 2-3 minutes. Seems pretty demotivating to me.

I'm sure some of his recruits' parents observe the same thing.

Just got back to the hotel from the Champs Bowl. largest crowd in citrus bowl history and I'll guess it was 60-40 FSU. It was actually my first trip to that dump and it really reminds me of the Orange Bowl in that it's in the middle of the ghetto and just old. I read that it was built right after the great depression. Great atmosphere though. Again, much like my 2 trips to the Orange Bowl before it was torn down.

I thought the OL did about like I thought they would in the first half and then they seemed to grow into the game. There were several series that we had 8 true freshman on the field at once on the offensive side. Seeing them not quit was pretty cool. Especially with the booing going on by some FSU fans. When our starting two corners went out (Reid and Rhodes), I thought that may be the nail in the coffin.

Looking back over the season. Obviously, it was disappointing since we had so many expectations and I know injuries played a role into it but what really disappointed me the most was the play of EJ Manuel. I thought with how he had performed in place of Ponder the past few years, he may actually do better than Ponder. I was definitely wrong. In his defense, he had a very young OL however, he also has the best wr core even that they have had since 2000. This Greene kid is amazing. OK, time to go read the meltdown on warchant and how many people were eating crow after the first half. haha

Good Luck tomorrow vs. Dan Mullen and Miss State. My mom,dad, brother and sister made the trip to Nashville today. The music city bowl is the only non-bcs bowl FSU has lost in the past 35 years and it was when half the team was suspended for that cheating scandal. lol!

Just got back to the hotel from the Champs Bowl. largest crowd in citrus bowl history and I'll guess it was 60-40 FSU. It was actually my first trip to that dump and it really reminds me of the Orange Bowl in that it's in the middle of the ghetto and just old. I read that it was built right after the great depression. Great atmosphere though. Again, much like my 2 trips to the Orange Bowl before it was torn down.

I thought the OL did about like I thought they would in the first half and then they seemed to grow into the game. There were several series that we had 8 true freshman on the field at once on the offensive side. Seeing them not quit was pretty cool. Especially with the booing going on by some FSU fans. When our starting two corners went out (Reid and Rhodes), I thought that may be the nail in the coffin.

Looking back over the season. Obviously, it was disappointing since we had so many expectations and I know injuries played a role into it but what really disappointed me the most was the play of EJ Manuel. I thought with how he had performed in place of Ponder the past few years, he may actually do better than Ponder. I was definitely wrong. In his defense, he had a very young OL however, he also has the best wr core even that they have had since 2000. This Greene kid is amazing. OK, time to go read the meltdown on warchant and how many people were eating crow after the first half. haha

Good Luck tomorrow vs. Dan Mullen and Miss State. My mom,dad, brother and sister made the trip to Nashville today. The music city bowl is the only non-bcs bowl FSU has lost in the past 35 years and it was when half the team was suspended for that cheating scandal. lol!

Largest crowd for the Champs Sports Bowl (and its predecessors), but not for the stadium. They put more temporary bleachers up for other games and they have broken 73,000 for the FAMU/Bethune Cookman Florida Classic game. But in any case, you are right - that place is a dump, but can have a great atmosphere. Over Christmas my cousin said he didn't think the restrooms had been upgraded since it was turned into a legitimate stadium in the late 60s/ early 70s.

I thought we were done for when Rhodes and Reid went out, but we got a little lucky that Floyd went out for them as well. O-line definitely grew up during the game. I think the future is bright.

Back