• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Why do you always insist on waging war against centrists? You sound like the far right House GOP clowns who regularly attack John McCain and other RINOs because they don't happen to abide by their ideological purity tests.

You need a coalition of various people to actually get shit done in politics/government.

While I don't disagree that it's silly to always attack centrists, if what that article he posted alleges is true, it certainly deserves an attack in this situation. If a centrist Dem thinks a "progressive" Dem is wrong on an issue, make the argument why, don't make up bullshit lies about them.

i mean, MDMH have said similar things about non-progressives essentially supporting the GOP/trump. he's been quite clear that it's "with us or against us"

Does anyone actually pay attention to mailers? There was a surprise upset in a race in Philly last year where the incumbent lost by a wide margin, and one of her strategies was to spend money on TV ads, staff, and GOTV, no mail.

Plus, yeah, inter-party smear campaigns seems like they would have a backlash, at least in the current political climate. Anyway, this is creative:

he's been quite clear that it's "with us or against us"

It's always the proletariat vs capitol. You're just wrapped up in some farcical debate about whether you're bourgeoisie or petit-bourgeosie. They're both the same to me.

This is strictly American society right because hate to break it to you chief but you are globally rich.

This is strictly American society right because hate to break it to you chief but you are globally rich.
I would also be of average height in China, what the fuck does that have to do with this conversation? Maybe you really want to get into a conversation about how much American wealth was plundered from the third world? Fuck, half of the people in this country frying your fast food or renewing your drivers license were stolen from another country. Could we calculate the monetary damage of African slave theft?

I'm also sure that jhmd just got a random chub somewhere because you brought up the world poverty context. Surely the fact that I have a microwave and Nintendo 64 (it's an outdated argument) means that massive American wealth inequality is not actually a problem.

Wealth inequality is definitely a problem, here and globally, but sure is nice to say that from the top of the global wealth tower.

Republicans trash their candidate in PA special election

GOP spending millions on a race for a district that won't exist in November. Also, I really like Lamb as an inter-party ideology diversity candidate. He's a conservative Democrat, and likely won't vote up and down liberal if he makes it into Congress, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Wealth inequality is definitely a problem, here and globally, but sure is nice to say that from the top of the global wealth tower.
Exactly who are you speaking for here? You hand out a lot of American flags to homeless people?

I’m speaking as someone that recognizes a problem but isn’t a complete ass about it, while standing on their high horse. You are almost at the top of a tower in which there are billions of mdmh’s below them that if they encountered the high horse mdmh they would say you don’t do shit for them and aren’t progressive at all.

i think gossett and others are saying it's kind of a joke for MDMH to claim to be of the proletariat class

Can Unions Push Conor Lamb to an Unlikely Victory in Pennsylvania?

Roughly two dozen unions are mobilizing workers like Sparks in the final days of the race to help Lamb do the improbable — win.

A Democrat has not represented the area since 2002, after districts were redrawn. And Republican nominees have carried the district by double digits in the past three presidential elections.

But the former federal prosecutor has a fighting chance against GOP state Rep. Rick Saccone next week, thanks in part to energized Democrats and help from organized labor.

“I know the hard work that every one of you is doing out there in the streets and on the phone banks,” Lamb told union workers gathered at the rally. “You are the heart and soul of this campaign.”

i think gossett and others are saying it's kind of a joke for MDMH to claim to be of the proletariat class
I think i've well established my bonafides as a poor kentucky rube, but it's also a very poor identitary argument on your part to try and limit the political advocation of the poor to only the extremely poor. You aren't black or gay are you? I assume you still politically advocate on their behalf.

I think i've well established my bonafides as a poor kentucky rube, but it's also a very poor identitary argument on your part to try and limit the political advocation of the poor to only the extremely poor. You aren't black or gay are you? I assume you still politically advocate on their behalf.

of course, but you use the "bourgeoisie" to achieve your goals while ignoring their perspectives at best and denigrating them at worst

of course, but you use the "bourgeoisie" to achieve your goals while ignoring their perspectives at best and denigrating them at worst
I'm not sure why you discuss this topic so dispassionately and vaguely. Here's what I want:

- elevator taxes on the rich (wealth >5 million) and large corporations.
- Raise the minimum wage to a state level living wage adjusted for inflation, with cities and municipalities controlling localized minimum wages
-a univeral income
-government run public universal health care system.
-massive cuts to the defense budget, and a pivot of those production resources to public infrastructure, bio-tech, and green energy innovation.
- free community college and public trade schools
-outlaw the private student loan industry.
-much stricter usury laws
-no public financing for sports and entertainment stadiums
- extreme handgun and sport shooting restrictions, national registry, original ownership liability, bans for domestic violence offenders.

Last edited:
All quite reasonable.

I'm not sure why you discuss this topic so dispassionately and vaguely. Here's what I want:

- elevator taxes on the rich (wealth >5 million) and large corporations.
- Raise the minimum wage to a state level living wage adjusted for inflation, with cities and municipalities controlling localized minimum wages
-a univeral income
-government run public universal health care system.
-massive cuts to the defense budget, and a pivot of those production resources to public infrastructure, bio-tech, and green energy innovation.
- free community college and public trade schools
-outlaw the private student loan industry.
-much stricter usury laws
-no public financing for sports and entertainment stadiums
- extreme handgun and sport shooting restrictions, national registry, original ownership liability, bans for domestic violence offenders.

generally because i'm on my phone and lazy but I was just using the language you were using.

but, yeah, pretty reasonable. links to the Big Conspiracy of Evil Centrists opposed to those? You know, as opposed to individual Congresspeople with pet issues

generally because i'm on my phone and lazy but I was just using the language you were using.

but, yeah, pretty reasonable. links to the Big Conspiracy of Evil Centrists opposed to those? You know, as opposed to individual Congresspeople with pet issues
Honestly not trying to stir shit up with you, but I post about plenty of events with legitimate articles that show establishment, centrist Democrats opposing and undermining progressive causes. Me posting more links for you to skim and dismiss isn't going to bring us closer together. Your understanding of party politics seems to be some grand naive vision of strategical geniuses just coincidentally getting rich by "compromising" with moneyed interests, who openly, absolutely, oppose the politicans stated goals. Then whatever half-measured bullshit legislation comes out of these compromises you portray as the definite limit of potential policy progress.

Back