• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1997 Wake Forest at East Carolina

Was also at that game. The only things I remember are the Morgan Kane long TD run and the temperature. Hot as hell. I remembered the whistle incident after somebody else mentioned it. I also seem to recall the stands were extremely crowded. Guessing it was a sellout since ECU had an ACC team in town.

Only wake-ECU game I remember and went to was first game of Grobe era. Gave a hint of good things to come

Wake finally got its offense in gear and drove to the ECU 12. On third-and-1, Kuklick took the snap and dropped to one knee, forcing the Deacons to settle for a field goal that extended the lead to 24-19.
``Someone in the stands blew a whistle,' Kuklick said. ``It happened before, in the first half. I took a knee like we do in practice because if the defense comes offsides, we get a penalty. Everybody on the offense heard it but the officials didn't.'

It's too bad that Drew guy is doing time for that Amazon fraud thing. He definitely could have helped out.

Yeah whatever happened to him. That was quite the project.

Sheesh. Get a life. Unless your son was on the team and he died last week there is no reason in the world to be trying to track down video of that game.

I collect East Carolina memorabilia including DVDs and VHS of past games that were memorable to me. This game was just the second time we hosted an ACC opponent in Greenville now that has since changed and hosting ACC schools is a regular occurrence but at the time the game was significant and memorable it also was a very close game.

First of all I'm not trolling anyone I'm looking for a copy of said game. Second I know the record with you all well. You guys took the lead in the series during our worst period in history between 2002 and 2005

4-8
1-11
2-10
5-6

While during that time it was the era of Jim Grobe there. With that said wins are wins and you guys lead the series. Kind of sad some of your fans are so sensitive you get butt hurt over a game from almost 20 years ago .

So....that was the worst period in your history? Oh boo freaking hoo. Same can be said for us from 93-00(arguably our worst historical stretch), yet you are trying to find game film of an ECU come from behind win over Jim Caldwell?! This is just too comical

So....that was the worst period in your history? Oh boo freaking hoo. Same can be said for us from 93-00(arguably our worst historical stretch), yet you are trying to find game film of an ECU come from behind win over Jim Caldwell?! This is just too comical
I didn't post what you quoted until some of your fans started in on me. Read what I said above about why I'm looking for this game. Hell I tracked down a 1998 win over a terrible Memphis team because it was a come from behind win and David Garrard set a single game passing record in that game and it was memorable to me . I think maybe some of y'all are taking some my post wrong .

I didn't post what you quoted until some of your fans started in on me. Read what I said above about why I'm looking for this game. Hell I tracked down a 1998 win over a terrible Memphis team because it was a come from behind win and David Garrard set a single game passing record in that game and it was memorable to me . I think maybe some of y'all are taking some my post wrong .

Either way you're an idiot. Go stand naked in a car wash and think about what you've done. Then don't post here again.

You gotta understand that the people of this forum are a bit sensitive due to the current struggles of the football and basketball squads, so don't take the criticism to heart. I def understand your position, as I know a guy who loves Duke football and is wanting to find a copy of the 96 and 03 duke-wake games, which were both Duke loses, one of which got their coach fired at halftime. Speaking of which, does anyone know where one could find a copy of those games? I'm hoping since wake won the games that y'all will be more willing to help the cause.

Doesn't matter that we suck right now. His guy is a bona fide idiot for wanting to watch a meaningless football game from 19 years ago. He should fuck off.

^what about the 2010 shootout between Renfree and Tanner? That was a classic lol(IIRC we lost 9 in a row after that)

Doesn't matter that we suck right now. His guy is a bona fide idiot for wanting to watch a meaningless football game from 19 years ago. He should fuck off.

That is pretty harsh. As someone who watches old games on YouTube quite regularly to help get me through the off season, I definitely sympathize with him. Are you saying that you never rewatch games?

^what about the 2010 shootout between Renfree and Tanner? That was a classic lol(IIRC we lost 9 in a row after that)

That game is on the acc vault, it is online free for all to recollect the powerful Renfree and Tanner offenses that were ahead of their time.

That is pretty harsh. As someone who watches old games on YouTube quite regularly to help get me through the off season, I definitely sympathize with him. Are you saying that you never rewatch games?

Not gonna lie. The wake/Vt game got me through the last few offseasons as sad as that may sound

Dude you're a class act. We have posters like you on the East Carolina message boards i'm guessing all schools have fans like you. You're an Internet tough guy probably a miserable human being that's never happy and bitches about most everything.

Dude you're a class act. We have posters like you on the East Carolina message boards i'm guessing all schools have fans like you. You're an Internet tough guy probably a miserable human being that's never happy and bitches about most everything.

I did get sort of a UNCish vibe from his post.

There is comfort in knowing that even though your own football program sucks, you can always beat East Carolina.

Thanks for stopping by East Carolina. Some people seem to feel the internet is their turf. Best of luck this season. Hope we play you guys again down the road.

Back