• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

$2,300,000+ Yearly Salary for Grobe

Manmythlegend

Reaction score
That is the problem. He's 59 years old. He's fat and happy. He's close to retirement. He's not motivated. That is all.

He's only 59? Damn my dad is 3 years younger and has had a lot of health issues and looks way better than Grobe.

Why should he retire?

Perhaps saving face on his legacy could outweigh holding on for every last million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I guess we could hold out hope that he's just come to hate his job???

The primary feedback that Grobe has gotten from this fanbase has been overwhelmingly positive. Any criticism until now has been from the fringes. There's no way he's feeling any pressure. He's only 61. Plenty of older coaches in college past and present. His contract ends when he's 65. Why retire or step down? He's got it made. Lots of money and little pressure from his bosses.

Indeed, why would he retire? Ride it out. Pump sunshine up our asses as long as he can.

Indeed, why would he retire? Ride it out. Pump sunshine up our asses as long as he can.

Look at how well that "going to the option" and "playing true freshmen" BS worked for him. People actually bought that.

The primary feedback that Grobe has gotten from this fanbase has been overwhelmingly positive. Any criticism until now has been from the fringes. There's no way he's feeling any pressure. He's only 61. Plenty of older coaches in college past and present. His contract ends when he's 65. Why retire or step down? He's got it made. Lots of money and little pressure from his bosses.

But one would think that pressure is starting to build given that he has not had a winning season with this class of seniors and actual people attending the games are dwindling. The stands are looking like the Lawrence Joel

I thought this year was make or break for Grobe going in, and its looking like a break season.

What legacy?

One time several years ago (post-Orange Bowl of course) the Deacs came to town and I brought my boys over to see them get off the bus. Grobe got out and I thought about asking him to snap a pic with my sons, but he was talking with some folks and I just decided not to interrupt. Later I lamented the missed opportunity, because I thought he was going to go down as an absolute legend and I wanted my sons to have that moment immortalized.

Strange how my perspective has changed. I have grown very frustrated with him and the program, and am seeing through some of the stuff that he accomplished.

I will always be grateful for the ACC championship. But I no longer care about the missed photo op.

Starting to build. Why is it just now starting to build? He didn't have a winning season with last year's seniors either.

The fans are just now starting to turn. For some reason, four losing seasons wasn't too bad but losing to BC was the last straw. If the powers that be cared about success on the field, they would have cared before now. This downward slide isn't new.

Bout time people start realizing this man isn't fit for the job. It's not about what he HAS done, it's about what he IS doing. And what he is doing is putting a team on the field that is not coach by ACC-caliber coaches. I've been off the Grobe wagon for at least 3 seasons now.

Back