• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2-53 (solution?) (post Dook)

WFU1990

Reaction score
Our ACC Road record in the past 48 games. What is the solution to this. I would be interested in some real thoughts or suggestions. I like Manning and know that he didn't coach the last 48 road games, but it is continuing. This has to equal the longest stretch of futility we have experienced. For years I have expected for the WFU plane to pull out of the nosedive but it isn't happening. Would changing ADs change this and if so how? I would love to hear serious opinions. Go Deacs.

Last edited:
A new athletic director is badly needed to provide new energy and fresh ideas (not to mention better judgment). It's mind-boggling to consider what we get for the money.

That's really where WF belongs today, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. The losses are just going to keep on coming in this new ACC.

i get that we are all frustrated but there is not reason why we can't compete for the top of the ACC. No reason what so ever.

One thing in all seriousness is i really think everyone on this team should be seeing a sports psychologist....including the coaches.

Mental toughness and lack of confidence are a huge issue on this team and working with a sports psychologist can certainly help to change that mentality.

Not going to leave the ACC as a charter member.

Better days are ahead.... at least we hope so.

Solution involves a complete rebuild from the ground up starting with Hatch, Wellman, and the Coaches. I'd also recommend euthanizing the BOT members too if possible.

i get that we are all frustrated but there is not reason why we can't compete for the top of the ACC. No reason what so ever.

One thing in all seriousness is i really think everyone on this team should be seeing a sports psychologist....including the coaches.

Mental toughness and lack of confidence are a huge issue on this team and working with a sports psychologist can certainly help to change that mentality.

So much this. For years we have had players who seem to swing wildly from no confidence to over confidence, enthusiastic play to sulking, great play to flat out disappearance. For examples, look no further than the current team. DT is a volcano awaiting to erupt - after a few decent wins and some close losses, tells the media that we are really a top 15 team - as things have gone south, repeatedly calls out teammates in public. I watched Dinos make 3, 4, 5 3-pointers in a row in a game last year - his quick, high release was deadly. This year he appears to have lost all confidence and has trouble making one in a row... Wilbekin? I don't even know - last year I was most confident when he was shooting - now, not so much.
Early this year we seemed to play really well as a team - moving the ball and sharing it to great advantage. Now we appear to be in shambles.
I just don't remember seeing other teams go through these types of struggles that appear mostly mental...

Not going to leave the ACC as a charter member.

Better days are ahead.... at least we hope so.

I don't disagree with this. However, what concerns me long-term is teams leaving Wake in the ACC as a charter member.

Don't think this can happen? Ask Rice about being a charter member of the SWC. It may be five, 10, or even 20 years. But things will change in big-time college athletics. Wake needs to either shit or get off the pot. If it wants to compete at this level of play, things need to change at the top of the house. Yes, we have a great start with Clawson. But, that's just a start. Wake, as an institution, needs to make some serious decisions regarding its long-term vision for revenue sports.

The first order is to fire the ass-clown AD we have. But, even with that, it's obvious Hatch has zero vision nor appreciation for Wake's athletic programs. So, again, big decisions need to be made. I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with this. However, what concerns me long-term is teams leaving Wake in the ACC as a charter member.

Don't think this can happen? Ask Rice about being a charter member of the SWC. It may be five, 10, or even 20 years. But things will change in big-time college athletics. Wake needs to either shit or get off the pot. If it wants to compete at this level of play, things need to change at the top of the house. Yes, we have a great start with Clawson. But, that's just a start. Wake, as an institution, needs to make some serious decisions regarding its long-term vision for revenue sports.

The first order is to fire the ass-clown AD we have. But, even with that, it's obvious Hatch has zero vision nor appreciation for Wake's athletic programs. So, again, big decisions need to be made. I'm not holding my breath.

You're going to have to explain that one to me, because I don't understand how 6-18 overall & 2-15 against ACC teams...with 3 total points scored in regulation of the two wins....qualifies as a "great start".

You're going to have to explain that one to me, because I don't understand how 6-18 overall & 2-15 against ACC teams...with 3 total points scored in regulation of the two wins....qualifies as a "great start".

"Great" -- He's putting forth the effort. Trying extremely hard. Not picking artificial grass on the sideline and staring at the sky.

"Great" -- He's putting forth the effort. Trying extremely hard. Not picking artificial grass on the sideline and staring at the sky.

Well, get back to me after he wins 28 games in three years and takes us to three straight bowl games, including the Orange Bowl.....not to mention being named the National Coach of the Year.

Even if you took a mediocre team from Conference USA in the ACC they would win more than 2 out of 50 games on the road in the ACC.

Well, get back to me after he wins 28 games in three years and takes us to three straight bowl games, including the Orange Bowl.....not to mention being named the National Coach of the Year.

I'm not sure you understand how a dialogue works.

You're probably right. I definitely don't understand how 2-15 can be a great start just because a guy is "trying extremely hard".
Recruiting. Do the best he can with no offensive linemen, QBs, RBs or receivers when he took the job.

Back