• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

20 and a Bowl!!

BigDeac8

Reaction score
I predict the bball team gets 20 wins and a Big Dance Invite and the fball team goes to a bowl game. This is the year things turn around. Lets Go!!!!

Before predicting invites to the big dance, how about wake gets to CBA or NIT level, and the football team break the 5 win threshold?

I predict Titania, queen of the fairies, will stick a propellor up Ron Wellman's ass and fly him to the moon.

I assume this happens prior to the OP's prediction. Do we agree?

^4 wins would be an improvement. Let's start there first. It's a process. Don't get too hasty guys

Last edited:
If we don't get to 6 wins in Football then we aren't headed in the right direction. Our schedule is built for 6 wins if we just half way take care of business when we should.

Im originally bigboy8, had to change my name due to account issues. Im well beyond 40 posts. Were goin big this year boys. this is the year we turn things around.

Althon has us going to Shreveport. yippie. Arizona St is the predicted opponent. Sparky should be thrilled.

There is no chance in hell the basketball team gets to 20 wins this year. I would love to be wrong about that, but the big dance isn't happening for the Deacs this decade.

There is no chance in hell the basketball team gets to 20 wins this year. I would love to be wrong about that, but the big dance isn't happening for the Deacs this decade.

damn...this decade? I've been circling 2018 as "the year" for a few years now.

damn...this decade? I've been circling 2018 as "the year" for a few years now.

We don't have enough talent on this team to bring us to the Dance, even when last years freshmen class are seniors. We also aren't bringing in talent, so It doesn't seem like we are going to get there.

Mitch Lightfoot from Athlon Sports also picked Wake as his "sleeper team" which I'm not 100% sure what he means by that. Doesn't sleeper team usually mean one of the top teams in the conference that no one thought would be there? Maybe he meant sleeper as in "they'll win 8 games when they're supposed to win 5"? I don't know. I think we make a bowl game this year but calling us a sleeper is kind of a stretch.

The over/under in regular seasons wins for WF is 5.5 - which means that Vegas thinks it's coin flip whether WF goes to a bowl.

An NIT bid is a more reasonable prediction for WF basketball. Even that may be a stretch.

What a horrible (and wrong) take.

I'd put 1K on it that we don't make the dance before 2020. If you want to put money where your mouth is. We can set up an account to hold the cash, and clear it after the 2020 season or if we make the dance.

Most of us have said that the Bzzzaster era has set us back a decade. :mad:

Agree that 2020 is right on target to get us back into the dance.

Back