• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2009 Carolina vs Wake bb game on FoxCollegeSports

mebanedeac

Reaction score
Had forgotten how much talent was on that team. Teague having big game.

Last edited:
Still hard to fathom two months later they get beat from tip to buzzer by Cleveland St. The end stretch of that season was horrendous considering how they were able to win @ BYU & @ Clemson.

I loved that team. I hate they feel apart in the fashion that they did

That UNC team won the national championship and we had better NBA talents.

Will always remember Aminu's alley-oop pass to JJ who threw it down one handed while getting fouled by Danny Green. One of the loudest arenas I've ever heard.

Similar in a lot of ways to the 2005 UNC game. Both great ones.

Of course they got two natties out of those squads and we didn't even make the second weekend of the NCAAT. So it goes

You're right sorry.

This team should have been a Final Four team. Huge and quick. 4 future NBA players

If you're looking for any more salt in the wound, that team's success (and follow-on season, including first round NCAA victory) was inspiration for a self-imposed total tear-down. The floor represented by that then-unacceptable standard for the AD remains taller than any ceiling since. Again, if you were looking for more agony.

Of course they got two natties out of those squads and we didn't even make the second weekend of the NCAAT. So it goes

The 05 UNC game is the best college basketball game I ever been to, the atmosphere was absolutely electric. It is almost like when we are good the Joel is the perfect venue for wake BBall.

The banners will be taken down and justice will be served.

The 05 UNC game is the best college basketball game I ever been to, the atmosphere was absolutely electric. It is almost like when we are good the Joel is the perfect venue for wake BBall.

No kidding. You want to make some changes to the Joel? Have at it, just finish the job on the floor. Everything else will take care of itself. I've been to all of the major ACC venues that are worth going to (I never made it to College Park), and the Prosser-era Joel is near the top in terms of overall game experience. There are some AWFUL seats in the Dean Dome, there aren't any good seats at Pee & See, and Cameron is not something you can authentically replicate (nor would want to, TBH). The Joel is fine, it's the product that has been broken

One of the things that stood out in this game, honestly, was that we were poorly coached. That was particularly true on the defensive side; but it was true on both ends.

Now, as we know, the "remedy" was worse than the problem; however, coaching was a problem.

Back