• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 ACC Championship Game - Odds to Win

ProudWFGrad

Reaction score
I usually place a small bet on the Deacs to win the ACCCG each year.

Got in preseason at +10000 ($5 to win $500)

Current:

Clemson +120
VaTech +250
GaTech +250
Wake +800
FlaSt +1000
UNC +2000

The winner of the Wake/Clemson game would have to go 1-3 in their other 4 games and have FSU win out for them even to make the ACC championship game.

Those are crazy odds.

Current:

Clemson +120
VaTech +250
GaTech +250
Wake +800
FlaSt +1000
UNC +2000

if wake wins and you only get 500$ on a 5$ bet you are getting screwed.

Its 100 to 1 odds. What would you have put the preseason deacs at? I thought it was pretty fair at the time...

The winner of the Wake/Clemson game would have to go 1-3 in their other 4 games and have FSU win out for them even to make the ACC championship game.

Those are crazy odds.

That is crazy to think about. So if we really want to make the ACCCG, our #1 priority should be figuring out a way to win at Clemson. Not saying wins at Duke and MD at home are a given (at all), but I think winning both of those games is much more likely than winning at Clemson....and if we do all three we're a lock.

That is crazy to think about. So if we really want to make the ACCCG, our #1 priority should be figuring out a way to win at Clemson. Not saying wins at Duke and MD at home are a given (at all), but I think winning both of those games is much more likely than winning at Clemson....and if we do all three we're a lock.

If we can go 2-1 the next 3 games, and then beat Clemson after ND, we "just" have to beat Maryland to make the title game.

That is if Clemson doesn't slip-up at all. If we can TCOB with Duke and Maryland, and then steal one against Clemson, we can still lose on Saturday to VT, and @ UNC (a tough game), and Clemson pulls a Clemson, we still make it to the title game.

I think the 2nd scenario is the most likely one for us as of right now.

Current:

Clemson +120
VaTech +250
GaTech +250
Wake +800
FlaSt +1000
UNC +2000

So if we do win the ACCCG, are you going to travel to every city where we live and buy us beers?:)

We have an outside and semi-realistic shot. But Clemson is the best team I've seen in the ACC thus far. GT is pretty darn good too - will get the chance to watch them run for 350 yards in person on UVA this Saturday.

If we can go 2-1 the next 3 games, and then beat Clemson after ND, we "just" have to beat Maryland to make the title game.

That is if Clemson doesn't slip-up at all. If we can TCOB with Duke and Maryland, and then steal one against Clemson, we can still lose on Saturday to VT, and @ UNC (a tough game), and Clemson pulls a Clemson, we still make it to the title game.

I think the 2nd scenario is the most likely one for us as of right now.

Oh right. I'm bad at counting. I agree, I think our best shot at getting there is being tied w/Clemson at 2 conferences losses, holding the tiebreak.

It's also not impossible that Clemson would lose at GT, to UNC, and crap the bed at MD or NCSU, meaning we could lose to them and one other game.

None of these are likely, but it's fun to be in a position to think about it (even though I'm bad at counting).

If we go 3-2 and beat Clemson, the odds say we will play in Charlotte.

Putting us at 8 to 1 vs FSU at 10 to 1 is just ridiculous.

I really think to be safe, we can lose only one game before Clemson, and that assumes we beat Clemson. For example, it doesn't matter whether we go to Clemson 6-1 or 7-0; if we beat them we're in(same for them). The only way we could lose to Clemson and get in is if we're two games ahead of them in the standings. With the way they are playing, I just don't see that. Obviously we hopefully realize the ball is in our court and we have to deoend on our play and not count on help from anybody else.

I really think to be safe, we can lose only one game before Clemson, and that assumes we beat Clemson. For example, it doesn't matter whether we go to Clemson 6-1 or 7-0; if we beat them we're in(same for them). The only way we could lose to Clemson and get in is if we're two games ahead of them in the standings. With the way they are playing, I just don't see that. Obviously we hopefully realize the ball is in our court and we have to deoend on our play and not count on help from anybody else.

Yeah, I don't think there is any way that Clemson loses 2 conference games. If we want to get to Charlotte, we'll have to beat them in Death Valley, which we haven't done since 1998? We got awfully close in 2004 and 2002, though. Man, I was watching the 2004 game on the ACC Vault and halfway thought we might pull it out, but nope, that bogus PI call on McGruder again!Let's just take it one game at a time. If can beat VT, then we can keep talking.

Just wish that we had held onto the Syracuse game, 5 -0 and just needing 2 more wins to secure a bowl game.

Last edited:
Back