• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Spring Game

Reaction score
BB&T Field Saturday at 1

Based on yesterday's post practice article and tweets from the players today, it seems the Spring Game may be a bit more competitive this year. The seniors drafted the two teams.

"Well, we haven't done this in a long time - we always did it at Air Force when I was there because we had a lot of numbers and here our numbers are down - but we're going to try to let the seniors divide in half and pick teams and actually try to play a game," said Grobe. "We won't have real long quarters, but I think it could be fun for our guys to try to play a little bit, see if we can't keep score and have a winner. I think it'll be a little bit more fun for the players and I think the fans will enjoy it more than just going out and doing a scrimmage again."

Should be fun. Also, this is obviously a chance to get a Spring tailgate in as well.

Parking lots open before, I believe the gates to the stadium open at 11:30.

"Traffic access to BB&T Field will be limited in the morning of April 14 because of the Hospice Hope Run taking place near the event. Until 11:30 a.m., fans arriving for the Spring Scrimmage should enter the Gold lot from Reynolds Boulevard and Whitaker Park. All other lots and entrances are expected to open by 11:30 a.m.."

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041012aaa.html

Parking lot gates open at 11:30

I'm pretty sure it's the stadium gates that open at 11:30. I think you can show up in the parking lot whenever you want.

From the article on Wake Forest Sports:

"Traffic access to BB&T Field will be limited in the morning of April 14 because of the Hospice Hope Run taking place near the event. Until 11:30 a.m., fans arriving for the Spring Scrimmage should enter the Gold lot from Reynolds Boulevard and Whitaker Park. All other lots and entrances are expected to open by 11:30 a.m"

A real game is awesome. Wish I could be there. Hopefully there will be good footage of the event.

Parking lots open before, I believe the gates to the stadium open at 11:30.

"Traffic access to BB&T Field will be limited in the morning of April 14 because of the Hospice Hope Run taking place near the event. Until 11:30 a.m., fans arriving for the Spring Scrimmage should enter the Gold lot from Reynolds Boulevard and Whitaker Park. All other lots and entrances are expected to open by 11:30 a.m.."

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041012aaa.html

Beat me to it!

Definitely mad that I will miss this for the first time in years. I wonder if my buddy will get mad if I skip his bachelor party day that I planned for him. lol

Really excited about this format for the game. I've been wanting them to do this for years.

Make sure you guys stick around for the Baseball game after the Spring Game. Throw in a tailgate, and you have a yourself a nice little Saturday.

Spring Football Game

See you all on Saturday at 1:00. The weather looks perfect and the kids will actually be playing a game instead of a scrimmage.
The baseball game starts at 4:00.

I'm hoping to get out there to practice tailgating and football watching. I need to keep in good form to prepare for fall.

I assume this will be televised on ESPN for those of us not fortunate enough to live in Winston?

I'm planning to make the 4-hour drive Saturday just to hang out with Wake Forest people and to see how the team is shaping up. Weather looks good.

I might actually be able to stop by after my Half. Well if my legs are still working.

So where is the game tomorrow? I thought it was the stadium but then I saw the article on WakeForestSports.com that said this:

Wake Forest football made it through its final spring shakedown before the annual Spring Game on Thursday, April 12 at the Doc Martin Football Complex.

I assume that it is still at Groves and that sentence was just poorly written.

Back