• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Tampa Bay Rays Thread (AKA the Wil Myers watch)

WindyCityDeac

Reaction score
Opening day... headed to the Trop around 2 today so I can get out of this miserable Sunny with no humidity 81 degrees and sit in a orange scented 72 degrees ! WOOOHOOOO !!!!!

Looking for big things from the Rays this year:

Predictions for the Season:
Longoria .290/30/103
Moore finishes higher in Cy Young voting than Price
Moore and Price each have at least 17 wins
Hellickson wins 15
Matt Joyce: .272/24/83

Wil Myers wins Rookie of the year after a mid-May call up.

Rays win the AL East by one game with 88 wins.

@masnSteve
Stunning stat from TB Times: Rays are only MLB org. without a player 2 reach majors from past 5 draft classes. Wouldn't have guessed that.

Just went through last 5 drafts. From 2008 and 2009, the only name non-Rays fans might recognize are the 1st round draft picks.

2008, Round 1: Tim Beckham (currently AAA for Rays)
2009, Round 1: LeVon Washington (didn't sign, A+ for Indians)

After that, we had the 17th pick in 2010 (Josh Sale) and 24th in 2011 (Taylor Guerrieri) with neither of those guys advancing anywhere close to fast enough to hit the majors yet. Wouldn't really expect it from anyone else.

Guess that really is just quite telling of the Rays being very unfortunate with no one in the 08 or 09 draft classes panning out.

IN. Windy, you going today?

Just went through last 5 drafts. From 2008 and 2009, the only name non-Rays fans might recognize are the 1st round draft picks.

2008, Round 1: Tim Beckham (currently AAA for Rays)
2009, Round 1: LeVon Washington (didn't sign, A+ for Indians)

After that, we had the 17th pick in 2010 (Josh Sale) and 24th in 2011 (Taylor Guerrieri) with neither of those guys advancing anywhere close to fast enough to hit the majors yet. Wouldn't really expect it from anyone else.

Guess that really is just quite telling of the Rays being very unfortunate with no one in the 08 or 09 draft classes panning out.

#washtime

LONGO!

Big defensive play. Definitely happy to only be down 2-0 after 4 innings of them ripping Price.

first one of the year... ZORILLAAAA

Opening day... headed to the Trop around 2 today so I can get out of this miserable Sunny with no humidity 81 degrees and sit in a orange scented 72 degrees ! WOOOHOOOO !!!!!

Looking for big things from the Rays this year:

Predictions for the Season:
Longoria .290/30/103
Moore finishes higher in Cy Young voting than Price
Moore and Price each have at least 17 wins
Hellickson wins 15
Matt Joyce: .272/24/83

Wil Myers wins Rookie of the year after a mid-May call up.

Rays win the AL East by one game with 88 wins.

Will be in Durham Monday night to watch Wil Myers opening night with Durham Bulls. Should have been called up last year with his 37 homers in AA/AAA for KC Royals organizations but they are all playing the arbitration money game so it will most likely be mid-May callup unless the entire TB outfield goes out hurt.

Nice 0-2 miss by McGee. That was a really bad pitch especially since he had Jones swinging at the high fastball the pitch before.

Tough game. Obviously McGee was terrible on his two 0-2 pitches...not sure how you get shelled like that on 0-2 twice. However, if Price had anything yesterday they are never in that spot. Nice job by him battling through but would've been nice to have him start the 7th. Longoria was crazy at 3rd base. It's so obvious how much better this team will be this year having him back, the defense looked exponentially better just having him there. Saved at least 3 hits himself.

Other than McGee it was a pretty good effort. Crowd and atmosphere was fantastic... Trop and ferg's are a blast when there is a great crowd... Will be back on Sunday...

Also...I think we saw the impact of losing BJ in that game. If BJ was in center we have Desmond in left instead of Joyce. i think there is a chance Desmond gets to Jones liner... Ugh

real nice job by Matt Joyce getting the rally started to tie the game and then obviously the walk off. Rodney got squeezed on the first batter....

I can't believe I have to cheer for Shelly Duncan. Yeah that 2-2 ball call on the low and away pitch to Reimold was bullshit.

I read Rodney hadn't blown a save since August 17, the same game he gave up his last run.

Back