• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014-2015 Winter Apocalypse Thread

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
The Farmer's Almanac and initial models are suggesting it'll be a blistery and cold winter for the East Coast this winter. Drew is no longer with us, RIP, so we'll have to rely on our other amateur meteorologists to keep us prepared for the impending doom.

1st up, this weekend in the Appalachian Mountains. Dis guy for one is freaking the fuck out: http://www.ncpiedmontweather.com/20...s-high-winds-likely-saturday-for-parts-of-nc/

nam_3hr_snow_acc_se_29.png

Drew found a worse picture and posted it on FB.

21TuSQ8.jpg

Some dude told me back in September - I'm in Chicago - that we'd have shovel-able snow by the second week in October, basing it on the Farmer's Almanac. We were at 75 degrees on Monday and it hasn't touched freezing yet. It might be a bad winter, but I'm not gonna base that on the FA.

Might see some flakes on Saturday :eek: I hope so, much more preferable to cold rain

Now the local media is suggesting we may get a dusting in the NC Piedmont this weekend.

Not surprised. I was mentioning to coworkers today about it. We are all dreading this winter.

Possibility for a dusting in Boston as well, I doubt it happens though - although I wouldn't be surprised if out towards Worcester they get something (like always).

Forecast for parts of Maine are 6-9" lolz

Back