• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Scout and ESPN like him more than Tae, while Rivals and 247 like Tae better. Regardless of that, he looks like a great player that, as the article states, is versatile to play anywhere on the d-line. I am very impressed with Clawson's ability to flip recruits as he's doing it to BCS level programs so it's not like WF is clearly the recruits best offer by a big margin.

Now just have to see if there is a finishing piece to this class then make sure to maintain all the current recruits.

Last edited:
Suck it Knorr.

I can't recall us ever getting more than a couple recruits with other BCS offers to flip in any given year. That is 6 this year, by my count. It is a new era, gents.

Apparently, Georgia Tech has taken an interest in Demetrius Kemp. I think Clawson hangs on to him though.

I think that some people may not realize what they have in Travis Smith. This kid has never lost for a reason. He can flat out play. On top of that this kid works harder than anybody. He prepares to win and expects to win. I have been around football a long time and seen many players that have gone on to play division one qb. None of them had the total package like Travis Smith. Decision making, arm strength, accuracy, mobility. I would be surprised if he is not the starter by week three.

Most highlight films can make an average player look like a champion. This highlight video has to leave out 108 touchdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXd2jcKKrtw

I think that some people may not realize what they have in Travis Smith. This kid has never lost for a reason. He can flat out play. On top of that this kid works harder than anybody. He prepares to win and expects to win. I have been around football a long time and seen many players that have gone on to play division one qb. None of them had the total package like Travis Smith. Decision making, arm strength, accuracy, mobility. I would be surprised if he is not the starter by week three.

Most highlight films can make an average player look like a champion. This highlight video has to leave out 108 touchdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXd2jcKKrtw

I think the concern is that he played D6 ball, D1 is the highest level in the state of Michigan. Division 6 isn't a very high level of football. I think he could be in the hunt for the top spot but I see why people favor Wolf and TCam.

I don't really care that much where we rank in recruiting as long as we're getting better players that will help us win more.
I'm more concerned about how we rank in the conference at the end of the season.
That being said, I'm feeling pretty good about the direction we're going.

I care. I'd love to see us finish in the top half of the conference in the next couple of years.

Just doing some research it seems like Yarbary is a superior recruit to Tae. A ton more offers.

I used to think it was impossible for us to recruit true DTs at Wake. After Boo Robinson, we failed to recruit a "big" body for what, 6 years?

Now we change staff and reel in Zeek Rodney and Willie Yarbary. Hoo boy.

I love this staff's attitude. They need one more body for the DL. They just go get an Indiana commit.

We're down a little bit at #56 on Rivals tied with Duke and Temple. Our latest commits aren't higher than the Top 20 recruits so they don't count in Rivals' tally. That's huge given where we were when Clawson was hired.

So, are we done recruiting for 2014 (other than making sure that all those that committed sign tomorrow)?

We're listed with 27 on Rivals.

We're listed with 27 on Rivals.

The two that enrolled in January do not count toward the 25 limit. So, 27 would mean that WF is done unless any recruits plan to redshirt or do not enroll.

Considering recent history, a new Wake football mascot may be in order:

flipper.jpg

In case anyone was worried about the OK State offer, Wary is planning on signing his WF LOI early tomorrow morning.

Paul Nielsen ‏@NWAPaul
Rogers High LB/S Zack Wary is planning on signing his LOI with Wake Forest at 7 am* at father's office and fax it to WF #arpreps

*Edit to clarify, expect his fax at 8am Eastern

Last edited:
Back