• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

In more pleasant Wake news (straying from the Ziggy/JRoc NCAA waiver news), four-star OLB Melvin Keihn is visiting the campus on Friday for the first practice.

Wants to check out the place get to know the coaches a little bit better. He's the 16th ranked OLB in the '14 class and has a lot of good offers. Seems tight with Maryland, UVA, GT and VT.

I'm doing a Recruit Spotlight on him tomorrow morning that I'll link here when it's up. Seems like a pretty good kid as well as a great player.

His mom will like us and he will go to another school.

Based on film of many of our guys and the comp. they face...I'm not gonna waste my breath -- this guy is 4 stars and less impressive than JT Jackson, Dunn, Virgile, and Lee. This guy may run 4.5 for a clock but his speed doesn't look to translate -- take Dunn who was considered as fast an athlete sideline to sideline in his 4 years as a HS starter in Miami.

Brandon Powell, the 24th ranked athlete in the country (RB/WR), de-committed from Tennessee today. We have a real chance at this guy and we are high on his list. He is very good friends with Jaboree Williams (OLB commit).

First, great news on Powell! Second, why are we posting anything remotely negative about Melvin Khein? He looks explosive on film, comes from a great high school and seems interested in getting a great education. Gilman (Hunter Goodwin, Joey Ehrmann, Napoleon Sykes) plays a highly rated schedule and produces quality young men. A team like ours can never have enough defensive athletes.

First, great news on Powell! Second, why are we posting anything remotely negative about Melvin Khein? He looks explosive on film, comes from a great high school and seems interested in getting a great education. Gilman (Hunter Goodwin, Joey Ehrmann, Napoleon Sykes) plays a highly rated schedule and produces quality young men. A team like ours can never have enough defensive athletes.

I agree.

I knew it was down to Miami and Wake, but that's a quick turnaround one a decommit and a recommit.

Who's to say he won't decommit again?

February is a long way away.

Powell would have been a perfect fit for our new offense, but I thought we had a better chance of flipping Paulk since the two of them committed to the Vols. Now we'll get neither. But a 8-4 season will change some minds.

Just making an honest assessment... He looks like a decent prospect. I don't know what sort of frame he has -- he may have a build like Josh Banks and be a guy who will end up 285. I see us get our hopes up every year for these 4 star kids and I thought some "early honesty" might ease the "angst" when this kid decides to go elsewhere.

More than that is the lack of eye sight from our fan base. I mean really, are you able to watch film and determine anything on your own or do you need someone to tell you what the fk you are looking at?

Take Ali Lamot's film or Duke Ejiofor (if you have a concern about Lamot's comp.) -- make an assessment of the film and the relative data at hand (camp times, shuttle, growth and development and productivity).

Please, one of you make your own comparison between Ejiofor and this fine young man out of Gilman.

If I heard any of you hyping the guys you already have then I'd let it slide. You assholes have sat on your keypads and have completely missed the best 2 year period of LB/DE recruiting this puny fuggin University has ever had. Period!

Back