• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

I am sure this will all come out publically soon, but he is not committed to ECU. You might consider him a soft verbal, but not to ECU. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next week or 2 now that a couple things have changed.

I heard that Wolford had committed to Wake just before Grobe's announcement to retire.

That's a positive rumor.

I'm confused about the Wolford kid. Was his commitment to ECU very tentative or was there a coaching change there that I missed? Just wondering why we would pull a "Purdue" and go after a kid during such a short window when perhaps we need to tend to our own commits to firm them up? Perhaps there is a lot more of this sort of "hyper" recruitment in CFB, but isn't Clawson engaging in activity that Matt Painter was for which Matt Painter was skewered?

It's called life in the fast lane. Amato said that to Bunting after a 5 star db flipped from unc to Ncsu on signing day. And recall the Recruitment of James Brim. WFU (Groh ) camped at Brim!s doorstep to steal him from Dick Crum.

Brim was one of the highest rated recruits in WFU history- had offers from every school in the country

Well it sounds like Coach Clawson's visit with Jaboree went well today lol

Jaboree Williams #6 ‏@FlyGuyJaybee
Amazing school visit today!!!!

Jaboree Williams #6 ‏@FlyGuyJaybee
WAKE FOREST!!!!!!!!!!!

Clawson is the total package...best young coach I have seen enter NC since the 80's. He has Mack Brown's ability with the "dog and pony" show -- yet he is sincere where others are wanting. He is polished like a radio/TV guy yet he is an absolute football junkie as evidenced by his 14 hour kitchen table monologue. That 14 hours will become a metaphor over time....

He has as much enthusiasm and energy as anything I've seen come through this state.

Clawson is the total package...best young coach I have seen enter NC since the 80's. He has Mack Brown's ability with the "dog and pony" show -- yet he is sincere where others are wanting. He is polished like a radio/TV guy yet he is an absolute football junkie as evidenced by his 14 hour kitchen table monologue. That 14 hours will become a metaphor over time....

He has as much enthusiasm and energy as anything I've seen come through this state.

Until he wins a game this has to be considered a little much.

Don't care. I am drinking the Kool Aid again. Its been awhile.

The class of 2015 has a lot of great local talent hopefully we can take advantage of it. Like 4 star Wr from Randlemen high school and A good running back from southern guilford

The class of 2015 has a lot of great local talent hopefully we can take advantage of it. Like 4 star Wr from Randlemen high school and A good running back from southern guilford

We need to be throwing darts at every decent running back in the state.

Is Jaylen Barbour still committed?

Doster went to the state championship game tonight and talked to him after, he said he was still on board. Who knows with Doster that dude has no fucking clue.

I'm watching the state title game between Havelock and concord. Lots of talent on both sides. We need to recruit Rocky Reid from Concord. He is an absolute beast.

Back