• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

So far for 2014 this is the target and commit list I have, am I missing anything?

Commits
John Wolford (QB)
Jaylan Barbour (WR)
Cortez Lewis (WR)
Demetrius Kemp (ATH)
Terence Ricks (RB/OLB)
Jaboree' Williams (LB) Early Enrollment
Kalin McNeil (OLB)
Isaiah Robinson (RB)
Cameron Glenn (FS)
Thomas Dillon (CB)
Nick Luedeke (OL)
Ryan Anderson (OL)
A'lique Terry (OL)
DaiQuan Lawrence (CB)

Targets
Rashad Canty (WR)
Michael Warren (RB)
Zack Wary (LB)
Zeek Rodney (DE/OLB)
Kameron Uter (WR)
Melvin Holland Jr. (WR)
Shaedon Meadors (WR)
Rashawn Shaw (DT)
Tae Thibodeaux (DT)

K Steven Olson out of Florida was on campus today, not sure about a offer.

Why are we going after 2 star players?

He has picked the brains of Belin and Jackson to find were we need talent and were some competitions could push some upperclassmen to play better. Hopefully some of these players can make special teams special again.

So far for 2014 this is the target and commit list I have, am I missing anything?

Commits
John Wolford (QB)
Jaylan Barbour (WR)
Cortez Lewis (WR)
Demetrius Kemp (ATH)
Terence Ricks (RB/OLB)
Jaboree' Williams (LB) Early Enrollment
Kalin McNeil (OLB)
Isaiah Robinson (RB)
Cameron Glenn (FS)
Thomas Dillon (CB)
Nick Luedeke (OL)
Ryan Anderson (OL)
A'lique Terry (OL)
DaiQuan Lawrence (CB)

Targets
Rashad Canty (WR)
Michael Warren (RB)
Zack Wary (LB)
Zeek Rodney (DE/OLB)
Kameron Uter (WR)
Melvin Holland Jr. (WR)
Shaedon Meadors (WR)
Rashawn Shaw (DT)
Tae Thibodeaux (DT)

He really does not have much faith in our WR/RB corp. don't blame him

WR Rashad Canty has decommitted from #AppState

he's projected for vandy or wake forest. Still up for grabs at this point

I think by tomorrow we will hear why we are targeting so many WRs and RBs...

Would a glance at the current roster help answer any questions?

247Sports seems to think Canty to Wake is likely.

Also, if y'all are getting angry over Clawson offering 2 stars now then you might want to sit this next season out because it is likely to be BRUTAL. LOWF is not necessary but we need to be realistic about this roster right now (and how late it is in the recruiting cycle).

247Sports seems to think Canty to Wake is likely.

Also, if y'all are getting angry over Clawson offering 2 stars now then you might want to sit this next season out because it is likely to be BRUTAL. LOWF is not necessary but we need to be realistic about this roster right now (and how late it is in the recruiting cycle).

It is VERY hard for a new staff to come in and get kids with whom they have not had an ongoing relationship.

Yep. Let's compare the 2* players brought in by Claw to the Grobe holdovers.

At this point Clawson needs numbers. There will no doubt be transfers out with a new coach no mater who he may be. I also expect that Wake will always recruit some 2* athletes. Clawson is as committed to a 5 yr redshirt program as Grobe was. Just a question of the quality of the player.

Rashad Canty visited Wake this weekend, but both he and his coach told Chris Smith if things can be worked out with Vandy he would like to go there.

Last edited:
Rashad Canty visited Wake this weekend, but both he and his coach told Chris Smith if things can be worked out with Vandy he would like to come here.

I don't think Vandy has even offered him... I don't get this intrigue with Vandy, maybe if Franklin and Gattis were still there. Odd.

Back