• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 NFL Offseason Thread: Jerry Jones pictures

Clowney makes me so nervous if I am an NFL GM. Soooo many warning signs that he might not have it all together between the ears. Nothing glaring but enough to worry if he is going to put himself in a position to maximize his talent or is he going to need a few years and some adversity to wake him up.

There's basically nobody in this draft I would feel totally comfortable taking with the #1 pick. Of all the candidates, Clowney makes me feel the most comfortable, though. (#gaybone #NTTAWWT)

I don't understand how Clowney's agent didn't make him run the drills today. If work ethic is the primary concern for him, why not get him out there to work hard with the other guys? He is obviously physically better, even if he has an off day with the drills. But by not doing the drills and telling a couple different stories to the media about it just makes the question stand out even more.

I think if Clowney is available at 3 the Jags take him and then take a QB in the second round.

I could see the Vikings trading up to the #2 to get a QB and that #3 being really valuable to a team desperate for a QB. They might trade down to #4 with Cleveland and still get Clowney plus a second rounder. This is going to be a great draft because it's so deep.

I don't understand how Clowney's agent didn't make him run the drills today. If work ethic is the primary concern for him, why not get him out there to work hard with the other guys? He is obviously physically better, even if he has an off day with the drills. But by not doing the drills and telling a couple different stories to the media about it just makes the question stand out even more.

Clowney's agent just needs to show the Michigan clip on repeat and he'll be fine. The physical ability is so well-known that he won't drop too far, as no GM is going to want to be the idiot that passed on Clowney if he pans out as expected. If, however, he were to bomb one of the drills then the GMs have support for passing on him.

Somewhat related but Camp is on the David Glenn Show right now.

Clowney makes me so nervous if I am an NFL GM. Soooo many warning signs that he might not have it all together between the ears. Nothing glaring but enough to worry if he is going to put himself in a position to maximize his talent or is he going to need a few years and some adversity to wake him up.

I think Houston would love to trade down out of the #1 for this reason. And then take a QB, sure thing OT or Mack. And pick up an extra pick or 2 in the process. The trouble with that for them is I don't know if there is a team that wants to do that unless some QB-less team falls in love with 1 of the top 3 guys. I don't see Atlanta going up to #1 when they can stay put and take Mack or Barr.

The good and bad of Michael Sam. The good- 4.51 -the bad 17 reps of 225 - 2nd fewest of DEs

The crawl had it at that...maybe it changed. They also had Clowney at 4.47 and raised it as well.

@FakeSportsCentr 14h
Darren Sharper unable to answer if he's assaulted someone in every state until he gets clarification on the status of Puerto Rico

:couch:

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN 6m
Early prediction is that Aqib Talib ends up in Washington.

Summer of Dan!

Sproles will be hitting the market. Solid value for a 30 year old RB.

NFL players go where the money is and appear to never take a discount until they are entirely too old. I guess thats what non-guaranteed money does. Like would you want to be paid an extra million a year and play in Cleveland or for a shitty team like Washington or play for a winning team. Everyone in the NFL always takes the money it seems.

Sigh. Looks like the Panthers are cutting Steve Smith.

Andre Roberts to Washington.

Michael Johnson signing with the Bucs - average $8.5M/year with around $24M guaranteed

Back