• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

ESPN Magazine gave FSU a 99.6% chance of beating The Citadel and a 99.7% chance of beating Wake...
so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

Nice! Any articles, links, tweets, etc? This staff is on the move. Such a difference.

Great get. Rivals #24 safety. His offer sheet never matched up to his Rivals rankings, but this is a guy that Rivals writers have consistently raved about. In a big way.

Wonder if this could help with 2016 RB prospect Matt Falcon (also attends Southfield with Dior) and they apparently visited Wake together earlier this summer. We've offered, but so has Ohio State.

Wonder if this could help with 2016 RB prospect Matt Falcon (also attends Southfield with Dior) and they apparently visited Wake together earlier this summer. We've offered, but so has Ohio State.

Southfield is MSU territory, I'll be surprised if he goes anywhere else.

From my original post on Dior Johnson from June 19. I believe that Illinois and Indiana offered after I wrote this.

Dior Johnson (6’2 / Safety) – Southfield, MI
Rating: 3-star / Rivals #24 Safety / #7 overall player in MI
BCS Offers: Wake Forest (other offers from Cincinnati and a number of MAC programs)
Background/Profile: A favorite of the Rivals writers, they have raved about his recent performances at the Rivals Camp in Detroit and the Sound Mind, Sound Body Camp (apparently a big deal in the Midwest with 700 prospects attending). Rivals named him the DB MVP and #3 overall defensive performer at the Rivals Camp. They also tabbed him the #4 overall performer at Day 1 of Sound Mind, Sound Body. Between these two camps, Rivals tossed out just about every positive accolade. For example, they said he had prototypical size, has “all the athletic tools”, had “no let up”, “took every drill like he had something to prove”, known as a hard hitter, showed he could cover well, is “fluid”, and “had a great break”.

Welcome Dior!!!

Great that you're going to be a Deac.

Always a good sign when a recruit talks about his parents and taking their advice into account. Welcome Mr. Johnson!

Physically Dior might give us the same physical presence we had at safety with Josh Gattis and Chip Vaughn. Those were fun guys to watch.

Physically Dior might give us the same physical presence we had at safety with Josh Gattis and Chip Vaughn. Those were fun guys to watch.

We got 2 big safeties in this class.........Dior at 6'2" 195 (or more) and Justin Strnad at 6'3" 210.

Back