• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Bo Archibald tweeted that his surgery was a success. I was surprised that he added that he "will play football again". That tells me the break was severe. He later tweeted the post surgery x-rays. 5 screws, 2 plates and 1 titanium rod.

Bo Archibald tweeted that his surgery was a success. I was surprised that he added that he "will play football again". That tells me the break was severe. He later tweeted the post surgery x-rays. 5 screws, 2 plates and 1 titanium rod.

Sounds severe! That is sad. I pray for a complete and speedy recovery,

Just a few notes this morning:

There is speculation that Siheim King's visit to West Virginia this weekend may not happen.

The quotes from Mose Hall about his Minnesota visit were the type of comments typically reserved for someone about to commit. Things like "I literally loved every single thing" and "(my family) was blown away". I am crossing him off my list of possibilities for Wake.

Quarvez Boulware didn't have much to say after the Wake Forest visit. That is not surprising though as he has been quiet since the episode with the silent verbal leak.

Kahlil Welsh's comments about his West Virginia visit were similarly bland and difficult to read. He's another guy playing it close to the vest. Multiple sites are reporting that he will go to Mizzou mid-week before visiting the Gators next weekend.

'94, seems to me that he big questions with 8 days until signing day are:

***Whether we hold on to Dior

***If we get another RB commit from Reid, Marshall, or King (would you mind ranking those in order of likelihood after this weekend?)

***If we can hold on to Welsh (seems doubtful)

***If we can get a Boulware "flip" (also seems doubtful)

Anything I am missing, and thanks again for all your hard work!

He was just running routes for Wolford when it happened.

Rivals has his X-rays up. It looks like the Tibia shattered above the right ankle. Common when you plant in order to cut, and twist your upper body and the foot dosen't move.

***Whether we hold on to Dior

***If we get another RB commit from Reid, Marshall, or King (would you mind ranking those in order of likelihood after this weekend?)

***If we can hold on to Welsh (seems doubtful)

***If we can get a Boulware "flip" (also seems doubtful)

Anything I am missing, and thanks again for all your hard work!

I agree with this. One story line involves retaining the current commits, especially Kahlil Welsh and Dior Johnson. We will see if Christian Matthew visits Colorado State this weekend, but as far as I know there is nothing scheduled and I don't view them as much of a threat anyways.

I think that we take 2-3 more commits at this point. Here is my best guess:

1 running back: I am hoping that we get at least one of Marcus Marshall or Rocky Reid. It looks like there is room for both if we were fortunate. I think the suspense on Marcus Marshall will go right up to the announcement. Right now I think it will be Wake or Vandy. Conventional wisdom seems to lean towards Vandy, but no one claims to have any inside info. Let's keep an eye on the Crystal Balls between now and tomorrow.

1 all-purpose back / kick returner: Sihiem King is looking like he might come down to Wake Forest and Washington State. Emmanuel Reed is a bit of a mystery. How high is Wake on Reed if they didn't bring him in for an official visit?

After that, it seems like it is just Quarvez Boulware and Jay Irvine. There would be room for either or both.

So 5 guys: Rocky Reid, Marcus Marshall, Sihiem King, Quarvez Boulware and Jay Irvine (then a 6th if we are genuinely targeting Emmanuel Reed).

I can't really rank those 3 because I think they are all about 50/50 situations right now.

There is a 2015 SMU commit safety claiming an offer from Wake this morning. Could this be a bad sign for Dior Johnson?

247 profile

Last edited:
There is a 2015 SMU commit safety claiming an offer from Wake this morning. Could this be a bad sign for Dior Johnson?

247 profile

I thought the same thing re: Dior. Hope it is not, but, I coaches have to cover their bases either way.

I can't really rank those 3 because I think they are all about 50/50 situations right now.

Guess I will take that as good news, since it means odds are in our favor of getting at least one!

Would love to get at least one of Marshall/Reid along with KinG. One thing I like about King is he comes from one of the best HS programs in Georgia...good to start making a connection there.

Feel awful for Bo. Kid was obviously stoked about staring his WF career and now he's gotta worry about getting around on campus with crutches and a cast during the winter months.

Any chance his obvious medical redshirt status can delay his enrollment until the summer if he would prefer not to be dealing with the healing process in a cramped dorm room? Or is it too late for that?

He committed to Wake Forest as a highly ranked recruit.

images

Feel awful for Bo. Kid was obviously stoked about staring his WF career and now he's gotta worry about getting around on campus with crutches and a cast during the winter months.

Any chance his obvious medical redshirt status can delay his enrollment until the summer if he would prefer not to be dealing with the healing process in a cramped dorm room? Or is it too late for that?

He's enrolled. He would be better off here for the re-hab. Get him in the weight room so that he's ready to go in '16 or make an OT out of him. For '15, turn the page and move on.

Jay Irvine with a cryptic "my mind is made up now...I'm ready to sign" tweet.

I realize Dior has decided to look at U of Minn, but I don't recall much in the way of twitter chatter that would create such concern. Thought I recall seeing some pretty positive stuff from him on zee tweety as far as Wake is concerned. What am I missing that has caused such growing fear that he will flip? Is it coming more from the recruiting services?

Back