• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

A brief commentary that I think the staff is doing a really great job down the stretch. I was worried about how we would do once Clawson had to face the headwinds of the losing season. The losses of Dior, Bargas and Matthew were blows for sure, and you can pass judgment on that if you want. But if we keep Welsh and get one of King/Colburn on top of keeping Gilliam and adding Reid, Kearns and Bates, I count that as 6 BIG WINS for the program in Jan/Feb. Would be a great finish in my opinion.

Last edited:
Gonna be an interesting couple of days...hopefully we finish strong and add a few of these guys. Wonder if there's going to be any late Power 5 competition for Colburn, since his coach suggested they wanted ACC/SEC offers.

The coaches to show up this morning on his Twitter follows that weren't there last night are: UT-Martin, Furman and Wofford. Also more App State coaches. But it still looks like it is still primarily Wake and Georgia Southern.

On Colburn, is it out of the question that his recruitment goes beyond NSD? Theoretically we could host him for an official visit this weekend couldn't we?

Not following all of this as closely as some. If Welsh signs my impression is Clawson has held on to just about everyone other than Dior. Is that right?

On Colburn, is it out of the question that his recruitment goes beyond NSD? Theoretically we could host him for an official visit this weekend couldn't we?

Yes, we have had visits the weekend after NSD before. It depends if they have changed the rules recently.

Not following all of this as closely as some. If Welsh signs my impression is Clawson has held on to just about everyone other than Dior. Is that right?

If we hold Welsh, Wake will have kept 2 of the 5 players that entertained offers from other schools.

A brief commentary that I think the staff is doing a really great job down the stretch. I was worried about how we would do once Clawson had to face the headwinds of the losing season. The losses of Dior, Bargas and Matthew were blows for sure, and you can pass judgment on that if you want. But if we keep Welsh and get one of King/Colburn on top of keeping Gilliam and adding Reid, Kearns and Bates, I count that as 6 BIG WINS for the program in Jan/Feb. Would be a great finish in my opinion.

I don't think we can chalk up Dior, Bargas, or Matthew to the losing season.

I don't think we can chalk up Dior, Bargas, or Matthew to the losing season.

Sucks to lose Dior (I loved his Twitter handle), but understandable. Bargas must just be a complete d-bag to leave us for the Holes given what they are facing.

Sucks to lose Dior (I loved his Twitter handle), but understandable. Bargas must just be a complete d-bag to leave us for the Holes given what they are facing.

Well, the coaches are to "blame" in that they successfully flipped Bo Arch to us from Miami and suddenly Bargas probably saw a future of playing second fiddle. Of course, if he had stuck around another week or so...

Don't feel great about Boulware. Most people think UMD, but I think he goes Florida. Think we are a distant third. Hope I am wrong.

Not to mention one of the "wins" last season in Cam Serigne.

Deac94, hope you don't mind me quoting and updating a couple of your posts with a little bit with info from the thread. I always pay more attention to posts with bolded names and good summaries.

Good info. I haven't listened yet. Did he say anything on Autry?

With the Wilson adjustment, the scholarship table should show 4 scholarships available. I could see a scenario where we take 2 commits and leave 2 available for post-grads or walk-ons to use. That would have the benefit starting the 2016 class out with 6 scholarships instead of 4. Knowing of course that number will only grow from there.

After thinking about it more last night I suspect that the staff is probably done at safety. That would leave the only unresolved recruits as:

Quarvez Boulware - Announcing today at 5PM. Likely going to Maryland, distant 2nd UF per 24/7 but Wake on the table.

APB Sihiem King - Could announce anytime. If you have been following his Twitter you have seen that he is getting tweets primarily from Wake and Middle Tennessee State. Looks like he's RTing everything but Wake has some funny ones on his timeline.

DT Tyler Cross - Committed to Syracuse in July. Visited Wake this past weekend "for the experience". Announcing tomorrow morning.

S Will Jackson - Western Michigan decommit. Visited UK over the weekend. Wake still might be involved but somewhat unlikely considering staff is probably done at safety. Vague UK rivals tweet said he's announcing between UK and Wake tomorrow but unsure if he even has Wake offer....

RB Matt Colburn - Louisville asked him to greyshirt last minute. Wake has offered and many others still in mix. It's hard to differentiate between older offers and current interest so stay tuned on him.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am kind of hoping that we push a couple of scholarships to 2016 to try to balance out the classes.

Last edited:
From a 247 piece last week with a mention of Colburn:

Deepest RB class – Louisville

Every time we look, Louisville is getting in the mix with more backs and they’re landing them. While Traveon Samuel and Trey Smith are listed as all-purpose backs, they’re really going to be slot types in Louisville’s offense. Super-productive South Carolina native Matt Colburn, explosive Florida playmaker James Allen and big JuCo revelation Jeremy Smith will all line up in the backfield. Whether it’s a speedy space player to get a jet sweep from the slot, a smaller slasher or a big pounder, Louisville has it in this class.

http://247sports.com/Article/RB-Breakdown-Best-of-the-2015-class-35103490

I am not a Twitter guy-- just too old, but I hope that those Wake people who are Twitters are bombarding Boulware with Tweets that he can be The Man at Wake and just one of the many Gators at Florida and that Wake is a lot nicer place to be than Md. I know he is from that area, but he can be a star here and right from the get go! Come on down!

Colburn favorited one of my pro-WF tweets. Vibes and shit.

Back