• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Looks like this guy will be at the first Friday Night Lights Camp this week. I will say that I am intrigued. So far he has generated a lot of interest from elite programs, but only 1 BCS offer so far.

Jonathan Femi-Cole (6’0, 220lbs / RB) – Aurora, Ontario
Rating: 3-star / Rivals #47 RB
BCS Offers: Minnesota
Profile: Big, physical runner. After a Rivals camp in April that website said that he already looked like a college player physically and that he moved well for a RB.
Recruitment: Minnesota offered in February. He visited in the spring and plans to return in the summer. Has visited Michigan State unofficially. The Spartans told him they wanted to see him in camp before making an offer. He camped there a couple of weeks ago and left without an offer. Ohio State’s 24/7 website says they are monitoring him as well.
Right now he is on a camp tour that will take him to Wake Forest, Georgia, UNC, Duke, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, UVA and West Virginia (as well as many non-BCS schools)
Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieEZuwPbOoU
Lifting Weights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4fslf4kbiQ

That's funny, only because one person predicted on 247 that he'd go to State, so everyone piled on to point it was predicted 90% State and 10% Stanford.

National recruiting guys know very little normally

I think that Tabari Hines is going to announce at 3pm today. This could be the good news from the Palmetto state that StrickDeac had alluded to.

Wake Forest is Hines only BCS offer right now. The staff has made getting a slot WR in this class a priority.

TE Jake Bargas who has been a Duke lean for a long time, 2 Duke insiders on their 247 site predicted Wake today, hope they know something!

TE Jake Bargas who has been a Duke lean for a long time, 2 Duke insiders on their 247 site predicted Wake today, hope they know something!

Whoa! That ..would.. be.. FANTASTIC.

Doesn't look like they have a recent TE commit either. They have a real nice class though. 11 3*.

Noticed this too. I think part of the reason he was a Duke lean for so long was that he had visited Duke, but had yet to visit Wake. Now that he's visited I think we have an actual chance.

Doesn't look like they have a recent TE commit either. They have a real nice class though. 11 3*.

Duke is co-leaders (with USC - the real one) for 4-star TE Tyler Petite. This may mean that the Duke insiders think they will get Petite. That is fine with me if it means we get Bargas. Even better would be if we get Bargas and they lose out on Petite.

Do you know if Bargas is waiting on Petite to commit?

3* WR on Rivals
NR CB on 247
NR WR on Scout

Got Tabari.
Blessed By God To Have This Opportunity. lll Be Verbally Committing Too...Wake Forest University #TheaWAKEning
1f608.png
#DemonDeacons
1f3a9.png
#WFU19
1f63c.png
#ACC
1f3c8.png

Last edited:
I posted this summary on 5/24. It later turned out that the reports of the Duke offer were incorrect. However, Duke did recruit him hard and I suspect would have offered if some other players (Flynn Nagel and TJ Rahming) hadn't worked out for them. The Wake Forest offer had been out there for a long time, which means he was an early target of the staff. It was interesting to me that despite the need at slot, Wake didn't seem to get involved with anyone else (at least until the Flynn Nagel visit). I am assuming that they just kept focusing on Tabari.

Tabari Hines (5’10 / 160 WR/CB) – Florence, SC
Rating: 3-star
BCS Offers: Wake Forest and Duke
Background: I suspect that Wake Forest is recruiting as a WR. He ran a 4.59 40 time at the Nike Camp in Orlando, which was the 18th fastest overall that day. Last season he caught 57 passes for 877 yards (a 15-yard/reception average) and 17 touchdowns. He also returned two punts for touchdowns. He plans to camp at South Carolina, Florida, Clemson and Miami in an effort to get additional offers. He has a 4.2 GPA and wants to be an architect.
Recruitment: These same two BCS offers have been outstanding for a relatively long time (he had both offers during an interview on March 3). I think that Hines is going to hold off on any commitment until he sees what other offers he can attract.

Here is what I know for visits this week. Fewer marquee names than last week, but it looks like some kids have actually started summer practices.

** Big Board WR Steven Claude** - not yet sure which day

Big Board TE Caleb Reams (visit today / camp Wed)
Big Board S Julian Jones (camp Friday)
RB Marcus Marshall (visit Thurs) - recent offeree discussed on this thread yesterday
OL Zach Baker (2-star / Green Cove Springs, FL) - offered end of May
RB Jonathan Femi-Cole (visit Friday) - covered earlier today
2016 QB Jack Abraham - continuing a camp tour that has already taken him to Alabama (7-on-7 tourney), Arkansas, and Ole Miss (his team won the 7-on-7 tourney there). Will then camp at UNC and take an unofficial at Duke.

Last edited:

The Duke writer on 247 is saying that Duke pulled back their offer to Jake Bargas. Unbelievable.

Rising senior OL Graham Keeter from Kings Mountain (NC) HS is due to visit tomorrow; does not have an offer as yet.

With Barbor coming in, and Tyree and Armstrong having 3 years left, Why the need for a slot receiver? Don't get me wrong, if the coaches want him, I'm glad we got him. Was this a message to Tabari that "we really want you"?

With Barbor coming in, and Tyree and Armstrong having 3 years left, Why the need for a slot receiver? Don't get me wrong, if the coaches want him, I'm glad we got him. Was this a message to Tabari that "we really want you"?

My comments were based on what the staff told Flynn Nagel about there not being any slot WRs on the roster after this year.

You always make room for more weapons

Back