• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Yep. Clawson and his staff are doing exactly what we've been saying Wake needs to do. Beat comparable schools in recruiting.

Offers include BC, Duke, Tech, UVa, VT, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland, and Rutgers.

Completely agree. The turnaround is remarkable. Claw is bringing it. About as convincing a start as I've seen for a wake coach. Hell, I thought we'd be successful if we got guys over duke, BC, UVA, but we got this kid over some big names. I'm so stoked.

'Ships going fast. At this rate I am going to need a new hobby by next week or so.

Game reports come August?

Wake has the #43 class (#10 in the ACC) on Rivals and 247, but 247 doesn't include Austin.

(Scout hasn't updated since last week. They only have us with 7 and at #70.)

Last edited:
Wow. Is this going to be our best rated class ever?

Yes. Easily. Last year was among our highest ever because despite being on pace for our worst ever before Grobe resigned. If you take only Clawson's recruits, it was our best ever class. This class will be just as good or better.

Do we have a breakdown of which assistant coaches were responsible for individual recruits organized somewhere? Clawson deserves a ton of love, but those guys are spending a ton of time on the road too.

Really great get in Austin, maybe Clawson's best recruit yet. His 40 is listed at 4.30 which I'll take with a grain of salt. I've grown weary of watching the Clemsons and FSUs of the world run by our defense. Players like this should surely help put an end to that. This gets me awfully fired up.

Yes. Easily. Last year was among our highest ever because despite being on pace for our worst ever before Grobe resigned. If you take only Clawson's recruits, it was our best ever class. This class will be just as good or better.

I'm hoping this slew of commits will help us seal the deal with more of the hopefuls on the board. If you look at the grades of our recruits we stack up favorably against all but the very top teams in the conference. If we can fill out the rest of the class the way we've started...I don't even know what to say. Just wow.

I'm hoping this slew of commits will help us seal the deal with more of the hopefuls on the board. If you look at the grades of our recruits we stack up favorably against all but the very top teams in the conference. If we can fill out the rest of the class the way we've started...I don't even know what to say. Just wow.

That may be what has happened over the last week plus. I think it's very likely we end up with a Top 40 class. We will bump up on Rivals if they give Paris Black a bump like 247 did.

Can some of the computer nerds on here please photoshop the coaching staff onto this?

borat-dance.gif

Cannot thank our FB staff enough for restoring excitement and hope to a starving fanbase. We knew we had the potential to put forth a football program we could all be proud of, as we had tasted it once and remember the feeling (h/t Jim Grobe). Now that possibility is finally in view again. Well done, staff and commits.

#Clawsome

Completely agree. The turnaround is remarkable. Claw is bringing it. About as convincing a start as I've seen for a wake coach. Hell, I thought we'd be successful if we got guys over duke, BC, UVA, but we got this kid over some big names. I'm so stoked.

Interestingly based on Scout Or Rivals (I forget). Our star rating average has been around 2.8 the last four years. There has been no dramtic changes. We actually rarely lost a recruit to Duke until last year. Although our ranking has fluctuated from the 70's to the 50's. Our star rating has been around 2.8. I don't see the significant improvement as of yet. It seems like status quo; however, it is nice to see more energy and social media. We will see how the class finishes.

Clawson has taken 23 verbals. It's hard to imagine the 24th commit being a 3rd TE.

Back