• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

RSF, What's your scholarship count going into NSD?

At this point we need clarifications on Autry and Virgile, as well the walk-on vs scholarship statuses of Benzinger and Garrett Wilson to get a precise count.

My best guess is that we are 4-5 under the 85 limit. Even further under the signees limit.

Last edited:
Wake Rivals tweeted that Delaware-commit safety Nasir Adderley will visit Wake Forest today. Wake Forest was his first FBS offer. Random fact: he is a related (through his grandfather) to NFL Hall of Famer Herb Adderley.

Herb Adderley--that is some good lineage. Played in Super Bowls I and II.

At this point we need clarifications on Autry and Virgile, as well the walk-on vs scholarship statuses of Benzinger and Garrett Wilson to get a precise count.

My best guess is that we are 4-5 under the 85 limit. Even further under the signees limit.

The bolded confuses me as well. I think they're both getting schollies, but I might be off there.

The bolded confuses me as well. I think they're both getting schollies, but I might be off there.

I think you're right. But others have posted previously that Benzinger will be a walk-on. Either way, I'm assuming that we will get confirmation on Wednesday.

If Autry and Virgile are gone, and Benzinger are Wilson are scholarships that would give leave us with 4 openings based on what we know right now.

I really think Autry's staying, but again, I could be off.

Either way, we won't be denying Bates a spot based on what we know now.

He congratulated Rocky for committing 2 days ago, so I'm not sure the confusion unless it's a qualification issue.

Several weeks ago he tweeted about not getting the offers he wanted and that he was going to JUCO. Then he was seen actively recruiting other players to Wake via Twitter.

With Autry, it probably has to be grade related if he goes the juco route. From what i've heard, he originally wanted to enroll early but decided to hold off on that (again, grades the likely issue). I doubt he wants to get other offers, as he seems to have been sold on wake since he committed.

Anyone have insight on Nasir Adderley other than the NFL connection? I can't really find anything on him online (unranked). His highlights say he had 4 INT for 3 TDs and 5 return TDs. Looks quick/fast on his highlights and lays hard hits, but I'm not much of a scout. Anyone with more insight on why he was added to the list of S offers?

I think it is likely that Sihiem King makes his decision today but it is not a definite. If it doesn't come today, it doesn't mean anything with respect to Wake's chances.

Can someone provide a brief summary of recent additions/decommits other than Reid Kearns and D. Johnson?

Back