• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 GRAND SLAM CONTEST - THE MASTERS - WakeDeke05 Wins!

Sleepy

Joakim Blom
Reaction score
Time to kick-off the 2015 Grand Slam Contest. This contest will run through the 2015 season, and a winner will crowned at the end of the season. You get bonus points for participation so be sure to submit an entry for each Major.

deacman5 won the Grand Slam Contest last year with numbers and TWDeac finishing 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Full 2014 results and full-season Grand Slam scoring explained here:
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/22878-2014-GRAND-SLAM-CONTEST-oldschooldeac-wins-PGA-deacman5-wins-GRAND-SLAM?p=1866504&viewfull=1#post1866504

THE MASTERS, a tradition unlike any other

FORMAT: Listed below are most of the golfers participating in the The Masters. You need to pick 6 of them with a total value of 400 or more. Pick carefully - your team will end up "missing the cut" if more than two of your golfers miss the cut in the event! To make your selections, send me a PM with the golfers' names and point values.

SCORING: Your score will be the aggregate of your best four golfers. Since you have to have at least four scores counting, if more than two of your golfers miss the cut, so does your team. There are also "bonus points" at the end of the tournament. If you've got the champion golfer on your team, it's -5. The runner-up gets you -3, and having the third-place golfer gets you -1 off your score.

DEADLINE: All entries must be sent to me by 8:00 AM Thursday, April 9th.

Live Updating Spreadsheet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcrlhzebkj9g0ya/Masters%202015.xls?dl=0

Click the link, then "download" in the top right corner, then "direct download". You will have to have the file open in Excel (not dropbox) with Data Connections enabled for it to auto-refresh.

Top Players:

Golfer Points
Rory McIlroy 6
Jordan Spieth 10
Bubba Watson 12
Jason Day 16
Dustin Johnson 16
Adam Scott 20
Henrik Stenson 20
Jimmy Walker 25
Phil Mickelson 25
Patrick Reed 30
Rickie Fowler 30
Matt Kuchar 30
Tiger Woods 35
J.B. Holmes 35
Sergio Garcia 40
Justin Rose 40
Brandt Snedeker 40
Lee Westwood 45
Louis Oosthuizen 50
Keegan Bradley 60
Zach Johnson 60
Hideki Matsuyama 60
Ryan Moore 60
Martin Kaymer 65
Paul Casey 70
Jim Furyk 70
Billy Horschel 70
Angel Cabrera 80
Bill Haas 80
Brooks Koepka 80
Ryan Palmer 80
Ian Poulter 80
Charl Schwartzel 80
Luke Donald 100
Victor Dubuisson 100
Hunter Mahan 100
Kevin Na 100
Jamie Donaldson 125
Jason Dufner 125
Russell Henley 125
Vijay Singh 125
Gary Woodland 125
Padraig Harrington 125
Webb Simpson 125

Other Players - Each worth 150 Points:

Golfer Country
Sang-Moon Bae Korea
Thomas Bjorn Denmark
Jonas Blixt Sweden
Tim Clark South Africa
Darren Clarke Northern Ireland
Erik Compton United States
Corey Conners Canada
Fred Couples United States
Ben Crane United States
Ben Crenshaw United States
Matias Dominguez Chile
Ernie Els South Africa
Matt Every United States
Stephen Gallacher Scotland
Branden Grace South Africa
James Hahn Korea
Brian Harman United States
Scott Harvey United States
Charley Hoffman United States
Morgan Hoffmann United States
Mikko Ilonen Finland
Trevor Immelman South Africa
Thongchai Jaidee Thailand
Miguel Angel Jimenez Spain
Chris Kirk United States
Anirban Lahiri India
Bernhard Langer Germany
Marc Leishman Australia
Shane Lowry Ireland
Joost Luiten Netherlands
Sandy Lyle Scotland
Ben Martin United States
Graeme McDowell Northern Ireland
Byron Meth United States
Larry Mize United States
Antonio Murdaca Australia
Bradley Neil Scotland
Seung-Yul Noh Korea
Mark O'Meara United States
Geoff Ogilvy Australia
Jose Maria Olazabal Spain
John Senden Australia
Kevin Stadler United States
Robert Streb United States
Kevin Streelman United States
Steve Stricker United States
Brendon Todd United States
Cameron Tringale United States
Camilo Villegas Colombia
Tom Watson United States
Mike Weir Canada
Bernd Wiesberger Austria
Danny Willett England
Ian Woosnam Wales
Gunn Yang Korea

Last edited:
Thanks, Sleepy! The best game the boards has to offer.

Team cville is in. Sleepy, thanks for running this again. The 4 majors on the boards are my favorite board activities of the year.

Damo, that makes your thread even better. True rj.

h_10ANGC10-MMa2385Hc-copy.jpg

Just in case you were thinking of picking him... Tim Clark has decided not to play.
Maybe the Masters Committee can send out an emergency invite to Ricky Barnes to fill the spot.

So does Tiger make 25% of the teams, 50% of the team, or 75% of the teams? Does he make more teams than Rory?

I kind of wish Tiger was a 100 pick. I'd think almost nobody will pick him at 35.

Who knows though. Playing the par 3 course today doesn't show any lack of confidence in his short game - and in the coverage of his practices he's looked great. So maybe people will pick him. It'll be fascinating if he starts blading chips again in competition - it'd show how purely mental his issues are...

I won't give away the exact percentage. But I will say that his selection for teams so far is greater than for the 2014 PGA Championship, which was 0%.

Stenson has the flu and likely won't play well.

Stenson has the flu and likely won't play well.

Didn't really consider him anyway. He might be the best ball striker out there, but he doesn't hit any putts. He's pretty much guaranteed to make every cut, so he'd be a good deal at 50-80 points, but his short game isn't good enough to take him at 20 points. Especially on these greens. I really think weak short games are the reasons guys like Stenson, Westwood and Mahan haven't won majors and why they prolly won't.

Back