• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Louisville Technical Community College getting ass-raped on national TV. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of assholes.

The ACC had a chance to take WV instead of Louisville and it would have been a much better fit....geographically and with some great rivalries & potential new rivalries like Pitt, Virginia Tech, Virginia and even Clemson & the Big Four schools. WV has solid programs in both basketball & football and a rabid fan base that travels well. Is there really all that much difference in academics between U of L and WV?

The ACC had a chance to take WV instead of Louisville and it would have been a much better fit....geographically and with some great rivalries & potential new rivalries like Pitt, Virginia Tech, Virginia and even Clemson & the Big Four schools. WV has solid programs in both basketball & football and a rabid fan base that travels well. Is there really all that much difference in academics between U of L and WV?

Louisville is much better at basketball. And most everything really.

Louisville is much better at basketball. And most everything really.

I agree that Louisville is much better in basketball, but West Virginia has a solid long-term track record of being very good in both sports. They have an all-time winning percentage of 61.7% in basketball with 16 conference championships & 2 Final Fours. (That's twice as many F4's as we have, by the way.) And 13 winning seasons in the last 14 years.

Last edited:
I agree that Louisville is much better in basketball, but West Virginia has a solid long-term track record of being very good in both sports. They have an all-time winning percentage of 61.7% in basketball with 16 conference championships & 2 Final Fours. 13 winning seasons in the last 14 years.

But Louisville is better, so what is your point?

But Louisville is better, so what is your point?

I listed my points. WV has always been solid in both revenue sports. Pitt-WV is one of the bigger rivalries in football. WV would immediately have a great rivalry with VT & UVa. I could also see a great rivalry developing with WV-Clemson, as both fan bases are crazy and travel. WV is an easier driving distance for WF. I just think that it fits in much better geographically with the ACC. And I've never understood why anyone gives a damn about academics in today's money-mad world of big time college sports. I think that is hypocritical as hell. You can't be a part-time whore.

Last edited:
Louisville has the most profitable athletic department in the nation. They are very good at all 3 major sports.

Not sure WV can hang with that.

The guy signaling in Louisville's plays looks like an uncoordinated Jonah Hill.

WVU was already in the Big XII by the time the ACC added Louisville, anyway

Louisville has the most profitable athletic department in the nation. They are very good at all 3 major sports.

Not sure WV can hang with that.

They've had some recent success in baseball as well.

See what happens when you DON'T steal the other teams game plan.

Louisville is way better in all sports than WVa--baseball, basketball football, women's basketball and the list goes on. The ACC also gets a great rivalry in basketball in Louisville vs Kentucky that is much needed. WVa has maybe the Backyard Brawl with Pitt, but I will take the 'Ville-KY basketball rivalry anyday since we are a bball conference first & foremost.

omg this is amazing

Yes it is and I am enjoying it thoroughly! Love seeing a highly overrated bunch like Louisville go down. They haven't beaten anybody but us & FSU with a winning record and make far too many turnovers and it caught up with a cheating scum like Petrino. This also opens up the Heisman race to Pumphrey, Hurts & Watson.

I feel like we could have had a game like Houston did if we had a decent offense.

I feel like we could have had a game like Houston did if we had a decent offense.

I agree 100%.

Louisville has been overrated all year by running up the score on a weak non-conference schedule (Charlotte & Marshall) along with early season blowouts against Syracuse and a FSU team that is rebuilding. IMO, the media became fascinated with this "Shiny Object" because of the early blowouts and the athletic skills of Lamar Jackson, and they rode the early season hype while dogging bullets the last 3/4 of the season.

However, as we got deeper into the season and coaches had more film to study the weaker teams in the ACC (Duke, UVA, and Wake) all had chances to beat Louisville including 2 of the latter teams having leads against them in the 4th Qtr. Honestly, besides FSU what is their best win? Believe it or not, their only other win against a team with a record over .500 is Wake.

Tonight you saw what happens when they played against a team that has a great defense, and a good offense to help keep the defense fresh. Houston basically ran the same type of defense that we did against them ( It should be noted that Houston's D-Line is much better than ours, and is one of the best in CFB) by constantly bringing pressure from LBs to corner blitzes while mixing both man and zone coverage. Louisville's O-Line couldn't handle Houston's Front 4, which made the blitzes that much more effective.

Back