• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

LaRonde’ Liverpool tweeted this morning that will be making a decision soon. Although he has an offer, I will be honest that I have no feel one way or another about whether he is a priority for Wake. However, if he is a priority I think Wake would have a good chance at landing him. Here is more info:

DE/OLB LaRonde’ Liverpool (Landstown HS / Virginia Beach, VA)

Rating: 3-star / #24 overall player in Virginia

P5 offers: Wake Forest, Virginia and N.C. State

Measurements: 6’3 / 226 (official measures from The Opening Regionals). His 40 time isn’t listed but he had the 6th fastest shuttle time for a player weighing over 215 pounds at Washington, DC event.

Stats (Junior Year): 15 tackles for loss, 14 sacks, 8 pass breakups, 5 forced fumbles and 1 INT.

Background: Most likely being recruited by all schools as a either a DE or OLB. He is also a very good TE (2nd team all-conference at the position). Wake is recruiting him for defense. In a 4-2-5 I would think he would be a “drop-end” DE. During the Richmond Rivals Camp a writer tweeted: “No player’s stock jumped higher today than LaRonde’ Liverpool….Liked everything about him”. Described as an A/B student.

Recruitment: Wake offered him on 4/2. He visited Wake on 4/8. Wants an academic school. Plans to major in business. Has visited at least 6 other ACC schools. Has expressed a high-level of interest in Virginia Tech, but an offer hasn’t come yet.

6'7" AND RUNS A 4.5 ? It's like Willie Gault meets Harold Carmichael. His "Red Zone" starts at the 50 yd line. I wonder how strong that UK commitment is.

And he high jumps too.....
I can see him leaping high to make the catch..........then jumps over an LB........then outruns the DB to the end zone.

New 247 Crystal Ball: Moe Neal to Syracuse.

I think Neal is tracking towards a July/August decision so his recruitment has a ways to go yet. As I posted last week this is very much a three way battle between Wake, Syracuse and Duke. Out of those 3 schools I would have the most doubt about whether Duke will ultimately have a spot for him.

Just wait til RW and Moe take their official visit in January.

Are we still in it for TE Thaddeus Moss?

I really wouldn't mind having the son of Randy Moss on our team

Scout is reporting (on Twitter) that Cal has offered Wake Forest commit Je'Vionte Nash.

Just 9 more months until signing day.....

ECU has a QB commitment from Reid Herring. I think he is the QB that beat out former Wake Forest QB commit Lemar Harris.

Yep. That's him.

It's funny how that Cal offer to Je'Vionte Nash has changed my perspective on him. He is also picking up Twitter follows from more schools since he committed to Wake. Nothing crazy, but interest does seem to have picked up. This is a reminder for me not to panic about the offer sheets of these early commits.

Back