• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Survivors 2017 Deadpool

Brangus

Reaction score
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/remembering-the-celebrities-who-did-not-die-in-2016/2308160

The Tampa Bay Times published a list of celebs who notably SURVIVED 2016, which leads me to a Deadpool challenge:

Who of these, or others, goes in 2017?

Kirk Douglas (turned 100!)

Carl Reiner

Mel Brooks

Doris Day

Bob Barker

Monty Hall

Buzz Aldrin

Angela Lansbury

Chuck Yeager

Queen Elizabeth

George H.W. Bush

Jimmy Carter

Cloris Leachman

Mary Tyler Moore

Hugh Hefner

Tony Bennett (performing in St. Pete soon)

Chuck Berry

Sidney Poitier

Dr. Ruth

Jerry Lewis

Don Rickles

Julie Adams

John Madden

Keith Richards (there's even a meme)

Stan Lee

Harry Belafonte

Jerry Stiller (happy Festivus)

Roger Moore

Adam West

Bob Newhart

Gene Hackman

Betty White (thank you GoFundMe)

Clint Eastwood

Sean Connery

Robert Duvall

Dick Van Dyke (still dancing)

James Earl Jones

Rip Torn

William Shatner

Barbara Eden

Ozzy Osbourne (not dead)

Burt Reynolds

Rita Moreno

Michael Caine

Julie Newmar

Carol Burnett (might be coming back to TV)

Sophia Loren

Judi Dench

Shirley MacLaine

Julie Andrews

Louis Gossett Jr.

I think we'll lose James Earl Jones, Bob Newhart, Shirley MacLaine, Bush 41 (imagine Trump doing the eulogy, shudder), Burt Reynolds and...the big one...I think Clint Eastwood rides into the sunset in 2017.

Queen Elizabeth and HW Bush are two.

My wildcards: Bobby Bowden, Morgan Freeman and Bruce Springsteen

If you want to get morbid you can turn it into a game - this was on the MD boards before.

Each person gets some number of names (say 15) and you get points if they kick it during the year. Points are 100 minus age of person.

If you want to get morbid you can turn it into a game - this was on the MD boards before.

Each person gets some number of names (say 15) and you get points if they kick it during the year. Points are 100 minus age of person.

I'm in. 15 seems like a lot. Maybe 10?

We did it here once. I want to say SayHey had a few really good calls.

The shittiness of the 2016 dead celebrities roll call was the unexpectedness of many of them (Prince, Fisher, Rickman, etc). Bowie was sick, but not many people knew about it.

Whereas if Kirk Douglas or Betty White bite it, it's harder to be surprised.

I'll take Grayson Allen hanging himself from the rafters of Cameron Indoor.

Back