• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

If my kid has the chance to get paid to play a professional sport, at any level, I'm telling them to go for it. Play for as long as you can until they stop paying you. You can always earn your degree later and start a career.

True, but $19,000? I do not know what other compensation they get, like per diems during the season. College players get room and board and stipends up to $5,000 if I recall correctly.

If we are talking signing bonuses and 200K salaries, then no thanks college.

RIP Woody Durham. One of the most biased announcers in history, but other than that he was actually pretty good. Only 76 years old.

RIP Woody Durham. One of the most biased announcers in history, but other than that he was actually pretty good. Only 76 years old.

Did I have a brain fart or did Wes Durham (Woody's son) announce WF's game last night?

Did I have a brain fart or did Wes Durham (Woody's son) announce WF's game last night?

Yeah, Wes Durham works for the ACC Network, and supposedly is planning to stay in New York to broadcast the rest of the tournament according to early reports this morning.

Nah, I think it was some younger guy with Laphonso Ellis, as I remember from the reenactment of the Childress crossover.

Nah, I think it was some younger guy with Laphonso Ellis, as I remember from the reenactment of the Childress crossover.

Two different broadcast teams:

ACC 1st rd.: Wake Forest vs. Syracuse, 7:00: ESPNU - Mike Couzens, LaPhonso Ellis, Allison Williams; ACC OTA - Wes Durham, Cory Alexander, Jason Capel

Leonard Hamilton is an absolutely awful March coach. Yeesh

Louisville should be in with 20 wins, .500 in the best conference and a solid tourney win. But some ESPN pinhead is saying they're not safe yet because they're not doing well in quadrant 1 games. Bilas was rightfully slamming that whole quadrant thing the other day on Golic and Wingo. Sure look at SOS and RPI, but if you have 20 Ws, are .500 in the best conference and had the #1 team in the country beat but for 2 mindnumbing decisions in the last 4 seconds.

So if Louisville loses to UVA, if Syracuse loses to UNC and if ND beats VT but loses to Duke, who gets in and who doesn't? I'm assuming FSU is safe here. I know it depends to an extent on other tourney results and all, but I'd take Louisville and ND before I'd take Syracuse. Syracuse has a low ceiling. Louisville is really talented and can beat and lose to any team in the country, and with Farrell and Colson back, I think ND can beat anyone as well.

Louisville's resume reminds me a lot of ours last year. I think they get in -- they don't really have a fatal flaw in their resume, and teams with major flaws get left out way more often than teams that are just average at everything.

McD and Dakich were saying this and I tend to agree -- I don't think FSU is a lock. When teams surprisingly get left out its most often b/c their non-conference SOS blows, and FSU's was #322

FSU's OOC schedule was weak, but they have OOC road win at Florida. That is huge. FSU gets in, but they won't be in for long. Last year was FSU's chance to make a run. That team was loaded, but Xavier pounded them in the round of 32.

lol. Just caught this out of the corner of my eye.

w9nXo57.gif

BC trying like hell to blow this game. State can’t miss.

Also fuck ESPN for these garbage camera angles. No one wants to watch basketball from a goddamn aerial view. Jagoffs

94 points scored so far in the 2nd half of the State/BC game.

Back