• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

UVA with the win over UNC for the ACC title. VA has both regular season and tournament titles. Locked up the overall number one seed.

Does that make him the second guy recruited by Wake's prior coach to make the NCAA tournament? Cav did a few years ago. Can't remember anyone else.

Chase Fischer made it. Also Rountree & Madison Jones. In summary almost everyone who left got a shot.

Does that make him the second guy recruited by Wake's prior coach to make the NCAA tournament? Cav did a few years ago. Can't remember anyone else.
Off the top of my head - Chase Fisher, Daniel Green, Rountree, Madison Jones

I saw us lose a game at Marshall. Fewest Wake fans at a game I ever attended. I do not recall seeing any other Wake fan there, including Donald Ross.

Well, I guess buying players is an effective strategy. Go Cats.

Cav never made it. McClinton made it with Wake last year.

Seems like if you want to play in the NCAA, you need to go to wake...and then transfer somewhere else.

Wish we had Bob McKillop.Guess I'll pull for them in the Big Dance.

Davidson was wracked with injuries through the early season—lost three players to season ending knee injuries. Essentially played seven deep since New Year’s and looked terrible up to that point. However, having a coach that knows what he’s doing is still the great equalizer. McKillop is a wizard.

Davidson was wracked with injuries through the early season—lost three players to season ending knee injuries. Essentially played seven deep since New Year’s and looked terrible up to that point. However, having a coach that knows what he’s doing is still the great equalizer. McKillop is a wizard.

Sounds like McKillop actually had good excuses for a poor season. Instead he just made his team better and won the conference.

Sounds like McKillop actually had good excuses for a poor season. Instead he just made his team better and won the conference.

Honestly, we have no idea what it’s like to have a truly great hoops coach.

McKillop is obviously awesome, but it's important to note the A10 was absolutely awful this year.

Wow, Selection Sunday isn't even on CBS anymore? That makes me sad for some reason.

Back