• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Deacs On Pace to Set School Scoring Differential Record?

1985 DEAC

Reaction score
This may have been covered and I know there are at least 3 games to go but we are currently outscoring our opponents at a 7.66 points per game clip. The 2006 Deacs finished the season at +6.2. I understand that the point is to win as many games as possible but our early blowout wins and 4 respectable losses keep this record in reach. I may have missed a season or two in the pre modern era so feel free to fact check.

I agree with the OP that Clawson should instruct his offense to score as many points as possible and instruct his defense to stop the other team from scoring.

Thanks. I see you can repeat what I said in the previous post.

I agree with the OP that Clawson should instruct his offense to score as many points as possible and instruct his defense to stop the other team from scoring.

That'd be some solid coaching.

Sound advice.
I'm in.

I'm surprised no one ever thought of that before! Good work!

Everyone is joking but I've watched a lot of Grobe and Clawson coached teams where it didn't look like they were instructing the offense to score much.

Especially Grobe. The fourth quarter is for running clock, not scoring points.

No coincidence our best year was the year where they ran the clock when the ball was set after a kickoff, didn't wait for the ball to be snapped

This may have been covered and I know there are at least 3 games to go but we are currently outscoring our opponents at a 7.66 points per game clip. The 2006 Deacs finished the season at +6.2. I understand that the point is to win as many games as possible but our early blowout wins and 4 respectable losses keep this record in reach. I may have missed a season or two in the pre modern era so feel free to fact check.

With yesterday's 21 point win, our scoring differential moves to +9 per game. Likely to set the school record. Since many have argued that the ACC is stronger now than in 2006 along with the current injuries, is it possible that this season marks the best coaching performance with 2 more wins?

With yesterday's 21 point win, our scoring differential moves to +9 per game. Likely to set the school record. Since many have argued that the ACC is stronger now than in 2006 along with the current injuries, is it possible that this season marks the best coaching performance with 2 more wins?
Deacons finish the season with a record scoring differential per game of plus 7.0 eclipsing the '06 record of +6.2 per game. Nationally, teams with a +7 per game typically win 10-11 games. Fair to say that the '17 Deacs were one of our best teams ever.

Deacons finish the season with a record scoring differential per game of plus 7.0 eclipsing the '06 record of +6.2 per game. Nationally, teams with a +7 per game typically win 10-11 games. Fair to say that the '17 Deacs were one of our best teams ever.

Not only margin, but total points.
We scored 30 or more 8 times, including games with 51, 46, 42, 64 and 55 points

So much fun when the offense is clicking

Not only margin, but total points.
We scored 30 or more 8 times, including games with 51, 46, 42, 64 and 55 points

So much fun when the offense is clicking

That is a shocking change!

For so long it seemed that scoring 21 points was a major challenge.

Back