• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

OJ Tucker spoke to 247 after his official visit at Iowa State. He said that Iowa State is now his co-leader along with FAU (FAU?!?). FAU has replaced UCF on his official visit list (1/27 visit). He still plans to visit Wake on 1/20. Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and FAU are all scheduled for in-home visits on Monday.

OJ Tucker spoke to 247 after his official visit at Iowa State. He said that Iowa State is now his co-leader along with FAU (FAU?!?). FAU has replaced UCF on his official visit list (1/27 visit). He still plans to visit Wake on 1/20. Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and FAU are all scheduled for in-home visits on Monday.

What a diverse group of schools he's considering......

He's flip-flopping a lot. He seems very talented and would love to have him but I doubt it happens. It seems he has no idea what he actually wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's flip-flopping a lot. He seems very talented and would love to have him but I doubt it happens. It seems he has no idea what he actually wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been an odd one for sure. First he commits to Georgia Tech. Then, even before he committed, the word was that the GT staff couldn't figure out whether he was solid or not. Then he decommits once he gets strong interest from Maryland. Names Maryland his leader. Then Wake and Maryland are co-leaders. Then he drops (or is dropped by) Maryland. Then all of a sudden Iowa State and FAU are co-leaders. Certainly hard to follow.

This has been an odd one for sure. First he commits to Georgia Tech. Then, even before he committed, the word was that the GT staff couldn't figure out whether he was solid or not. Then he decommits once he gets strong interest from Maryland. Names Maryland his leader. Then Wake and Maryland are co-leaders. Then he drops (or is dropped by) Maryland. Then all of a sudden Iowa State and FAU are co-leaders. Certainly hard to follow.

I wonder if he will stay at whatever school he enrolls. It would be interesting to see the correlation between flipfloppers like this and whether they graduate from the same school at which they start, compared to the graduation rates of strong commits.

Seems like Charlie Strong made quite an impression on Demetris Harris. Florida recruiting is going to be infinitely harder now with all the new coaching names in the state.

2 new Crystal Ball predictions for OJ Tucker to FAU. Including one from national recruiter analyst Ryan Bartow.

Lane and Charlie will slow the pipeline of prospects to other schools now that they are there.

Understand Lane, but Strong has doing since he left Fla. Sure was a flop at Texas

I'm not worried about the prediction yet. He still comes to visit next week and as stated above, has changed his mind multiple times. We have a need and he fits the bill. Let's see how it plays out.

Les Johns is reporting Tyriq Hardimon (safety from Georgia) decommitted from Cal after his weekend visit to Wake

Nice. Lots of P5 offers.

There is a big addition to this weekend’s visit list. A familiar name from last summer. It’s Tre Norwood, the cornerback from Northside HS in Fort Smith, AR. You may recall that Wake was very involved with Norwood after giving him an offer on June 15. Everything seemed to be trending towards a commitment, but he ultimately committed to Louisville on July 29.

Norwood decommitted from Louisville earlier this week after receiving an offer from Mike Elko at Notre Dame. He is scheduled to visit South Bend on 1/20. Obviously the ND offer will be tough to beat, but if it doesn’t work out for one reason or another then Wake could be in a great position.

You can follow Tre Norwood on Twitter at @trenorwood_3.

Norwood just picked up an offer from Oklahoma. Think our odds just went down.

Back