• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I would expect some combination of Gilbert, Clapp and Maginn to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deac94 what do you know about the Minn DB and can we assume that Harris is not coming?

One thing we need to remember is that three stars are really only expected to be significant contributors in their Jr and Sr seasons. That is kinda the definition of three star. Anything significant before that is overachieving and a bonus. Because of the situation, Wake has a lot of younger guys playing. Its unreasonable to expect 5* performances early.

Right. Which is why it was stunning that Clawson gave Bachman and Washington so much PT over Lewis and kept Wade as a backup.

Right. Which is why it was stunning that Clawson gave Bachman and Washington so much PT over Lewis and kept Wade as a backup.

If you remember, Washington played early because Lewis got suspended and he played in the bowl game because Lewis got suspended. Bachman earned his snaps.

I think college coaches like to essentially teach one set of routes to each player. They don't want them to have to learn two positional routes. Same thing happens with most pro teams. Thinking of the Cowboys here and what's his name - the Golden Richards looking shorty with speed.

So it wasn't stunning PH, except to you and a few folks who can't figure out why Wade shouldn't learn two different sets of routes

Why would you post about Washington playing due to Lewis' suspension in response to my complains that Washington played when Lewis was available?

Why would Wade have to learn two different sets of routes to start and play one position?

Yeah. Pretty sure Clawson owes no favors to Bachman. If he thinks playing Bachman over Claude/Wade/Washington/Whoever will give us the best shot to win, then he will do that.

Why would you post about Washington playing due to Lewis' suspension in response to my complains that Washington played when Lewis was available?

Why would Wade have to learn two different sets of routes to start and play one position?

I misunderstood you - otherwise I would have just said you were flat wrong. Washington didn't play much during the regular season at all after Lewis game back from suspension. Thus, the 5 or 6 catches before the bowl game. He did get thrown to a lot that game early that Lewis didn't play.

He did play a handful of snaps per game, but considering the role of a deep threat, that is not a lot of snaps. I would consider those breather snaps so Lewis can catch his breath.

As for Wade, I think since both he and bachman had 23 or 24 catches and Hines had the most catches on the team, we were able to make it work. Bachman was very efficient early, but had a tougher time keeping separation and using his body and deep routes. He caught a few of those early though, which I guess justified the throws. I also think he blocked pretty well especially considering his size, or lack thereof. That might have had something to do with it as well.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year as we will have another quality slot receiver, so Clawson might choose the Spring to get Wade snaps at Bachman's slot and see how he does. I like the idea of having Wade on one side and Hines on the other as it might spread out a defense so maybe you will get your wish next year, PH, and you can yell I told you so to the Hooters waitress at the bar where you watch the games.

Last edited:
I am hoping that Greg Dortch really shows some things next year. I am also excited to see what Arkeem Byrd can do.

Is Demetre Harris off the board?

I think he's stated that USF is in the lead after his official visit last weekend with us, so the staff went ahead and offered Maggin who immediately committed and also extended an offer to clapp. While we are in his top three, I think most people in the know believe he is very unlikely at this point.

I think he's stated that USF is in the lead after his official visit last weekend with us, so the staff went ahead and offered Maggin who immediately committed and also extended an offer to clapp. While we are in his top three, I think most people in the know believe he is very unlikely at this point.

Agree with all of this. He's visiting Houston this weekend. The expectation is USF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bump
been 2 days now. He is committed.....right?

Two things:

1. Clawson needs a new haircut
2. Jesus it pains me but Premier Wellman hit a home run with this hire. Above all else he doesn't make excuses obout school size or academics or stadium size or whatever. It feels like he flips it on its head and is trying to make it a "Morehouse Man" kind of thing. Yeah Wake's not for everyone and if you can't hack it we're not interested. And he's not complacent on his staff or the admin (facilities U!) or the refs or anyone. Feels like he's put together a great class and yeah if Powell wants a tier 3 education then go ahead bro knock yourself out. Despite the fact our division is ridiculously competitive now I love where the program is heading. Claws-in. (Still Manning-maybe...)

Good post, Henry.

Back