• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

That's perfect. That's what we want kids to be saying about Wake.

Thoughts on Mike Allen redshirting? We seem to already have at least 12 defensive linemen/ends (Duke, Dunn, Yarbury, Stewart, Black, Kamara, Zeek Rodney (?), Calhoun, Zimmer, Bateman, Basham, Walker) ready to go.

In a few years.............Mike Allen = Jadeveon Clowney II

In a few years.............Mike Allen = Jadeveon Clowney II

I am assuming you are being sarcastic since JC was the top ranked player overall coming out of his class in high school. Would love it if he just lives up to the hype of his ranking from last year.

I am assuming you are being sarcastic since JC was the top ranked player overall coming out of his class in high school. Would love it if he just lives up to the hype of his ranking from last year.

I said in a few years, not now, and obviously if he works hard, etc. We know he's only a 4* now.
However, I'm being serious in that I think he can be really, really good.

He wants to be a cardiologist. What a perfect fit for Wake. There's gotta be some nicknames that could come out of that.

we could always throw a late schollie offer at this guy.

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/k-hari-lane-quarterback-recruiting/

"Despite throwing a state-record 56 TD passes with only two interceptions for his state championship team, small town Georgia QB K'Hari Lane waits for a major college scholarship offer that may never come"

If I were DC I would ask to see some film. Got to have an arm to throw that many TDs with only 2 int. Remember scholarships are 1 year deals-- I would take a look-- what do we have to lose? Could be another Riley Skinner

we could always throw a late schollie offer at this guy.

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/k-hari-lane-quarterback-recruiting/

"Despite throwing a state-record 56 TD passes with only two interceptions for his state championship team, small town Georgia QB K'Hari Lane waits for a major college scholarship offer that may never come"

If I were DC I would ask to see some film. Got to have an arm to throw that many TDs with only 2 int. Remember scholarships are 1 year deals-- I would take a look-- what do we have to lose? Could be another Riley Skinner

It might be worth some time studying film on this guy. Maybe even invite him in for a visit as soon as allowed again.

I would not be for giving him a scholarship for one year with plans to pull it if he wasn't good. Either decide he is good enough for a four year ride or don't go there. I know 'ships are theoretically year to year, but I would hope Wake would plan on guys having four years once they are signed.

If you haven't already done so, it's worth taking time to watch Clawson's press conference where he discusses the strategy for this class and makes comments about every player. Very impressive......both him and the incoming class.

Didn't know about Claude.

Did anybody actually believe he wasn't fired?

Back