• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Some quick notes on Roberson just going off of memory. Very productive junior year. Looks like he has good size. After I watched his highlights I was surprised that he didn't attract more recruiting interest, but I'll defer to those that are better talent evaluators than I am. He suffered an injury sometime in the spring that took him out of commission for a few months. That injury prevented him from improving his recruiting stock. Before he suffered the injury he had a nice day at Rivals camp in Charlotte. The scuttlebutt I've heard over the past couple of months was that his NCSU offer wasn't committable. I think they wanted him to camp, he wasn't able to, they developed more interest in other targets etc. If I remember correctly, Roberson is also a good player on his high school basketball team, so he checks the dual-sport athlete box (something that Clawson has said his staff looks for).

It remains to be seen whether Roberson will be the only WR in the 2017 class.

Solid get with Roberson. I saw clawson retweeted his Twitter commitment. Did they change the rules and allow coaches to do that now?

Right now our 17 class is ranked 39th in the country by 247. Thats incredible. Add Allen and thats a HUGE boost.

Right now our 17 class is ranked 39th in the country by 247. Thats incredible. Add Allen and thats a HUGE boost.

You go you big hairy deacs...this is good stuff, folks! Need a couple of strong seasons and make a couple bowls. Clawson strikes me as a coach who will bring our crootin' to a level we've never been at.

We're #47 right now on 247, not 39.
Still, 47 is pretty good for us.

Did it sound like he's leaning one way or another? Any decision timeline?

I think he'll decide in august.

“If I wanted to [commit] I could and I’ll probably do that in the next little while and then announce it on signing day,” Allen said. “I might just silent commit.”

Silently committing would allow for Allen to take all five of his official visits as a publicly uncommitted prospect, an element that would remove negative fanfare from onlookers who follow the school he committed to. (Today USports)

Good luck with that.

Maybe Allen already silently committed to WF. :squint: That way, we can all avoid the freakout when he visits Tennessee, UGA and the rest of the football powers on his list...

Back