• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I've said before that Mike Allen's recruitment is very likely down to Wake and Tennessee and I still believe that to be the case. Wake is legitimately in contention and has been for a while. There are no 247 Crystal Ball projections for either of those schools, so it's not like we are trying to convince ourselves that Wake has a chance despite the fact that the "experts" are picking someone else.

I think he'll decide in august.

“If I wanted to [commit] I could and I’ll probably do that in the next little while and then announce it on signing day,” Allen said. “I might just silent commit.”

Silently committing would allow for Allen to take all five of his official visits as a publicly uncommitted prospect, an element that would remove negative fanfare from onlookers who follow the school he committed to. (Today USports)

This to me sounds like he definitely has a favorite of all the schools he has committable offer at, but he may want to "hold out" for a committable offer at a better school, should that come, while still holding his spot at his current first choice. I.E. UT or Wake could be his favorite out of offers that he can commit to TODAY, so he holds his spot at one of those schools without making it public, and waits to see if UGA or whoever ends up telling him that he can commit to them. This helps him avoid bad press about flipping.

Hes got committable offers from everyone. Theres nothing to wait on imo.

CBS ranks Wake the 80th best football program all-time. Not a compliment, just an FYI.

Mike Allen set his announcement date for August 8th.

So is he going to announce then go on visits?

From Vol Boards....

07:05 PM Today
Going out on a limb and saying Wake Forest here. I think he put in USC and us to make it look good for Wake Forest, like they beat out 2 heavyweights for him.

drvenner (1,129)
07:15 PM Today
I am afraid it does not matter who he picks, unless he picks USC. If he picks Tennessee, the star gazers will have cardiac arrest and if he picks Wake Forest, the nega Vols will be out in force claiming that we cannot even beat out Wake Forest for a recruit. If he picks USC, then maybe the negative vibes will be minimal, but I am sure that some will still find ways to spin it badly.

I'm eager to see a new Crystal Ball prediction from 247 on Mike Allen. Even if it isn't from Barton Simmons (who seems to have the Wake scoop).

I know the info has been posted but thought some would like to see his tweet about the announcement.

From Vol Boards....

Going out on a limb and saying Wake Forest here. I think he put in USC and us to make it look good for Wake Forest, like they beat out 2 heavyweights for him.

drvenner (1,129)
I am afraid it does not matter who he picks, unless he picks USC. If he picks Tennessee, the star gazers will have cardiac arrest and if he picks Wake Forest, the nega Vols will be out in force claiming that we cannot even beat out Wake Forest for a recruit. If he picks USC, then maybe the negative vibes will be minimal, but I am sure that some will still find ways to spin it badly.

Pretty interesting that a Tennessee fan would actually be predicting Wake over UT.
Hope this guy is right.

From Vol Boards....

drvenner (1,129)

I would think Wake beat a heavyweight and an also ran.

Also I think the 7:05 poster may just be a "nega Vol."

Back