• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*2017 Pit Fantasy Football League One* Season VIII

I've got a win and a second. Would another win, vault me over HTTD?

Anyone interested in joining a legacy league? Looking for at least one good owner. Expanding the league by two teams but also losing a current owner. Something to do all year with this league. PM for details.

The Grand Final:

1) wake20 (Davis)
3) HailToTheDeacons (Davis)
Previous meetings: wake20 leads 2-0

3rd Place Match:

7) bernbp5 (Davis)
6) WakeForest Fan (Taylor)
WakeForest Fan won the Week 14 meeting

HTTD, our dude Gurley is trying to give away our respective title hopes!

Gurley giveth and Gurley taketh away.

Playing Week 17 is for the birds. Perhaps we should revisit this tradition in the off-season.

I think having 5 out-of-division games instead of 6 is reasonable change to move everything up a week.

I think all fantasy leagues need to end in Week 16. Too many guys resting or hurt at his point of the season. Week 17 favors the team with the most active scrubs.

Last year, David Johnson and Matthew Stafford led my team to fantasy triumph. This year, it's Todd Gurley and Matthew Stafford (and the Jacksonville defense).

636387742186814589-GTY-835655726.jpg

Thank you all, very much, for making this league awesome. A 20 team league doesn't happen without this great community and everyone's engagement. For me, a trophy is certainly nice, but playing year-in and year-out with you guys is a great way to spend football season.

Is it September yet?

A few ideas for next season:

1) Ending the regular season week 13, and having the Final moved to week 16.
2) To compensate for the lost week, eliminate one non-division game. Furthermore, have each team's 5 non-divisional games be played entirely against one other division. The divisional pairings rotate every three seasons.
3) Keep teams in the same division, year after year. The only exception being newly promoted teams replacing recently relegated managers. This further stokes rivalries and bolsters the importance of divisional matchups.

Finally,

4) I propose the potentially vacated week 17 slot be used for a Pro Bowl! This could be a good way to get everyone involved at the end of the season and serve as a fun capstone. The basic gist would be, each division submits a roster compromised of any players on their teams. The four divisions either play head to head to head to head, or we could have two games (perhaps pairing the divisions that played each other during the regular season). Ultimately, the division winner would be in charge of submitting the finalized lineup. Week 17 still presents its challenges with resting players and wacky team motivations, but it should be lessened with the deep benches. Scoring would have to be done manually, but that's easy.

Edit: we could even make it a two week thing. Week 16 features the individual final and the Divisional Pro Bowl semifinal...with Week 17 being the Pro Bowl final.

A few ideas for next season:

1) Ending the regular season week 13, and having the Final moved to week 16.
2) To compensate for the lost week, eliminate one non-division game. Furthermore, have each team's 5 non-divisional games be played entirely against one other division. The divisional pairings rotate every three seasons.
3) Keep teams in the same division, year after year. The only exception being newly promoted teams replacing recently relegated managers. This further stokes rivalries and bolsters the importance of divisional matchups.

Finally,

4) I propose the potentially vacated week 17 slot be used for a Pro Bowl! This could be a good way to get everyone involved at the end of the season and serve as a fun capstone. The basic gist would be, each division submits a roster compromised of any players on their teams. The four divisions either play head to head to head to head, or we could have two games (perhaps pairing the divisions that played each other during the regular season). Ultimately, the division winner would be in charge of submitting the finalized lineup. Week 17 still presents its challenges with resting players and wacky team motivations, but it should be lessened with the deep benches. Scoring would have to be done manually, but that's easy.

Edit: we could even make it a two week thing. Week 16 features the individual final and the Divisional Pro Bowl semifinal...with Week 17 being the Pro Bowl final.

1) Yes. This is a better way to handle the final weeks.
2) Also yes. Makes the scheduling easier to handle it that way also.
3) Maybe. Perhaps randomize it for next season and lock it from there.
4) Whatever. That seems needlessly complicated, but I'd be willing to participate if it happens.

Congrats HTTD! You had a helluva team and knew you would be hard to beat.
1.) Agree!
2.) Agree
3.) Not sure... If you get placed in a tough ass division (Davis) your fate could be sealed every year. I prefer random.
4.) I like the Pro Bowl idea, but would encourage locals in WS area to get together that Sunday (or another day) & watch a game.

Back