• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Yeah, but Barrett is still really good and will be the #2 or 3 pick. I'm more bearish on Reddish. He is still a pretty universal top-10 pick, and I wouldn't be surprised if he totally flames out.

I hate to make a Canadian comp, but I would be surprised if Barrett is much better than Wiggins.

Lipscomb loses three starters and their best two players. This is Casey’s time to jump and I think he will when his season ends.

I think it turns out as a net negative for him that they made it as far as they have in the NIT.

You think he woulda got a job that's been filled already?

He could take the Belmont job and wait for Stackhouse to flame out or more in from Vandy and take that job. He could move up twice without moving his family.

Two seasons in a row without an eminently hatable team in the Final Four. We're getting spoiled.

I'm sure someone hates Auburn or UVA, but they're not in the same league as Duke, UNC, UK, etc.

Two seasons in a row without an eminently hatable team in the Final Four. We're getting spoiled.

I'm sure someone hates Auburn or UVA, but they're not in the same league as Duke, UNC, UK, etc.

You need to find a Bama fan and talk to her to feel the hate.

Well Kansas was in the final four last year.

I do think this is the most enjoyable final four I can recall overall.

Agree w/ PhDeac... We need an NBA Draft thread.

Agree w/ PhDeac... We need an NBA Draft thread.

I don’t think hating NCSU makes you a petty asshole. Fuck NC State.

That really increases the pressure to graduate in two years I guess.

I'm a big fan of the grad transfer rule and I would be fine with a rule change that was actually geared toward helping grad transfers get MA degrees. This doesn't seem like that. This will just encourage colleges to start one-year "MA" programs. Those could be a good revenue source anyway, basically post-grad certificates.

Last edited:
NCAA considering changing grad transfer rule which would require the school to commit the scholly to the grad transfer for two years even though most grad transfers only are eligible for one year. The rule change would significantly curtail the escalating grad transfer rate: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-considering-rule-that-could-curtail-the-growing-number-of-graduate-transfers/

I had wondered what the requirement is for a grad transfer in terms of academics. a specific example is Tabari Hines. What classes did he have to complete at Oregon in order to retain eligibility to transfer back to NCSU?

from the article, maybe none:

The elimination of the hired player for one season without any academic requirement has not been good for the NCAA.

Hines graduated from Oregon and was only allowed to transfer due to graduation. Otherwise he would have to sit out like a normal transfer. Unless we are saying Oregon or NCSU is faking that he graduated.

Edit:

Actually, it looks like since he only played in 4 games last year, the new wrinkle allowed Hines to transfer and basically use all of last season as his sit out season due to a regular transfer. So who know what the hell he did school wise last year. DD wouldn’t be taking him or planning to playing him if he wasn’t taking school seriously and keeping up his end of the bargain..

Last edited:
Back