• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Cam Ward on short term IR with a concussion. They don't know when it was sustained. I'm not an expert, but it was probably when he took a puck to the facemask last week.

Hopefully Eddie can pick up the slack in the interim, starting with the Maple Leafs tonight.

Surprisingly, a puck to the mask really isn't very dangerous, unless it hits flush on the side. I didn't see the shot, so I don't know, but it seems more likely that it was some sort of contact, rather than a puck.

Surprisingly, a puck to the mask really isn't very dangerous, unless it hits flush on the side. I didn't see the shot, so I don't know, but it seems more likely that it was some sort of contact, rather than a puck.

You may be right. This one hit him squarely in the front and popped in mask off.

Sabres played up last night, but my Avs are looking gudt. Timely, timely goal last night. Varley is starting to find the zone, and the young guys are looking pretty comfortable. It will be interesting to see what happens when Johnson comes back.

As a Buffalo fan, the common refrain is "we're going to be good again, someday." In the case of the Sabres, I really believe it.

As a Buffalo fan, the common refrain is "we're going to be good again, someday." In the case of the Sabres, I really believe it.

They have pieces. Hey absolutely owned the neutral zone last night. I kept groaning every time they just froze the transition.

Avs are very, very sneaky.

Just realized we get them back to back after the Blues, so there's that.

Stars finally get two tonight but looked sloppy.

I really hate the Avs (but respect). The Belfour vs. Roy match ups in the late 90s were so epic. My first date with my wife was glass seats against Colorado in 1997.

Carolina and Montreal have the same number of points. Even though Habs have a game in hand its hilarious

Carolina and Montreal have the same number of points. Even though Habs have a game in hand its hilarious

They live and die by the sword that is Carey Price.

In other news: Ducks-Caps was moved up to 5pm, but all sorts of DC officials are clamoring for the game to be cancelled/postponed.

Avs, Avs, Avs! Not a bad day when your worst thing is sending Zadarov down.

Game was awesome last night. Had it all, and they are looking again tonight.

^^^ from the avs/stars game last night, crazy stat:

"Stat of the night: DAL, 106 shot attempts. COL, 32 shot attempts. Final score: 3-1 COL."

Avs are sneaky good right now, did Erik Johnson return last night?

Pittsburgh-Washington has been postponed, so no appetizer for the NFL main-course today.

And with that, the Capitals will have 8 days off between their last game (Tuesday the 19th) and the next game (Wednesday the 27th). And then another 6 day break for All-Star weekend.

Wolf1297 grabbed a pair of $9 tickets off StubHub to Sunday's Canes game and we thoroughly enjoyed the 5-2 win over the Flames. Going to tonight's game vs the Blackhawks. Would love to see another W! #LetsGoCanes

^^^ was there on sunday as well for canes and crowd was very light. Im hoping it was weather/panthers related because they're playing well right now

^^^ was there on sunday as well for canes and crowd was very light. Im hoping it was weather/panthers related because they're playing well right now

Was definitely weather-related - many of our friends who have season tix live in outlying areas & didn't want to risk the icy roads.

Back