• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

I don’t think it should count but don’t feel 100% about it.

Five Atlantic teams are behind the last-place team in the Metro (naturally, the 'Canes).

FML

The road trip got off to an awful start but we’ve been playing decent in the past three including 2 OT/SO wins which has been our kryptonite for the last million years.

The rare game against a Metro foe where the opponent didn't walk away with something.

And rare game where we don't outshoot the opponent. Nice to get a win in one of those

Is there something about these random weekday games that lead to more absurd blowouts? I saw Flyers 7-Isles 0 on MLK Day back in 2013.

But no excuses for that debacle. Such a clownshow

I swear Cam Ward and Justin Williams are the only two guys who don’t mentally crumble when things go south. Darling is so fragile. It’s a complete joke that Peters left him in there to continue getting destroyed.

Let Cam get the big starts going forward. Probably not going to climb the standings, but Cam is the only goaltender on this team right now who won’t mentally fall apart.

Christ what a disaster this team is.

Cool game tonight in Dallas. Quenneville vs. Hitchcock. Hitch gets his 800th win to join Bowman and Quenneville in the club.

Man I can't stand Hawks fans. Least amount of them I've seen in Dallas tonight. Usually about half.

Canes are such an enigma - give up 4 goals in first 13 minutes at Toronto, score 4 goals in 7 minutes at Nashville. The inconsistency will likely mean no playoffs yet again, but Cam should be the #1 goalie. He gives you the best chance to win right now (6-0-1 since November).

Another good game for Ward, and the Canes take down the defending Stanley Cup champs at home to win their 7th in the last 8 games. Only 1 point out of a playoff spot now. I'm trying not to get sucked back in, because I've seen how this script ends (usually a few points short of a playoff berth), but damn if this little mini-run they are on isn't fun.

Caps and Canes are set to play three times in the next 11 days.

Oddly, and in conjunction, tonight's meeting is Washington's only game in the next 5 days.

Hopefully as exciting the next two times, though hopefully the good guys wrap up the points those times.

IN THE PLAYOFFS IF THE SEASON ENDED AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111

Back