• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Your owner wasted millions on football. I have a hard time understanding in what world he would not match.

Sure sounds that way

Today is a really good day for the Canes. Biggest contract negotiation until Svetch is an easy win. Petr back for a reasonable contract.

Here is Waddell's full news conference - only 20 minutes after seeing the Aho offer sheet.
https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/don-waddell-press-conference/t-277437094/c-68607603

Sounds like the money is not a big deal but the terms with high signing bonuses were a bit surprising. The Canes pretty much have to match the offer (to keep their best player and show the fans that they are serious about winning), but also are not very happy with Montreal right now.
https://deadspin.com/montreal-offer-sheeted-sebastian-aho-but-don-waddell-i-1836020194

Little annoying but we could have taken care of that ourselves by inking him before July 1.

Regardless, long as that gets done happy with the moves, guess Adam Gold was right after all that Ned will be the #3 still. Haula seems to be held in incredibly high esteem by the VGK fans, good sign.

And best news that Forslund is back, albeit for only one year, along with Tripp and Mike

Sounds like John is keeping it year to year in case he gets that national call-up, fair play to him

I'm guessing that when the canes match the offer sheet, since it's so front-loaded, we'll have cash for the next round of Svetch etc. in a few years? I haven't been keeping track of when everyone is due. Also, good for Aho in that all of that money is signing bonus. He's going to be so goddamn rich so quickly, lockout or no.

Love what the Stars have done so far

Let Zucc walk but get to keep first round pick. Signing Pavelski and Perry which will be weird as a fan because they are longtime rivals but gonna be great pickups

5th year on Zucc made it super tough. Also, Pavelski does not have to be protected for the Seattle draft, Zucc does require protection.

I mean we coulda handled it better and just given Aho the $$ he wanted to make a longer-term deal worthwhile.

But five years is a long time in hockey, could work out for the best

Opening night vs. the Canadiens will be an interesting scene for sure

Back