• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Ci2bkoeVAAI2BBc.jpg

PWNT

The Sharks have now scored 15 goals and counting in closing out their opponents through the first three rounds.

Character reversal much? Pete DeBoer is the goods

Stamkos is most likely playing tonight. He was on the ice for warm up.

'Ning were gutsy but not quite enough. Should be a great final, oodles and oodles of skill

Really surprised that so many people are picking the Sharks in this series. Pittsburgh carried so much of the offense against Tampa, and I don't think that San Jose is that much better. So long as the Penguins stay aggressive, this one could be over quickly.

Nearly jinxed it redwing. I do think the Sharks have way more skill players than the 'Ning, especially with (essentially) no Stamkos. A good response by SJ to a terrible first but not quite enough. I think it'll be a lengthy series

These last two games have been fun to watch. I am a Pens fan, which makes it better, but really well played hockey by both the Sharks and Pens. So far, Pens are a little bit faster, but we will see what happens as the games move to SJ. Really high skill levels from many players....

Pens have dominated play, but still the games have been close. Sharks are struggling with Pittsburgh's speed.

Yep, and the only reason both these games weren't blowouts is the guy in net for the Sharks, he has been terrific

What an outrage! He was probably protecting the child, everyone knows he's good with children.

How NHL’s mad parity quest hurts players’ wallets, ambitious teams

Second, Slap Shots has learned that rules for the 2017 expansion draft that will precede Las Vegas’ anticipated 2017-18 admission to the league as its 31st franchise (“Done deal,” we’re told), will compel teams to protect players with no-move clauses even if they or the contracts themselves expire at the end of 2016-17.

This means if the expansion draft is held, say, on June 21, 2017, teams will be obligated to protect players who, a) would become unrestricted free agents 10 days later; or, b) would be able to be waived or traded 10 days later.

This is, of course, completely illogical … except when applied against Sixth Avenue’s overriding philosophy of punishing teams for following certain regulations within the CBA that for some reasons offend the league. Then it makes perfect sense.

Well that's dumb. The NHL is so petty.

The only good thing about the Pens winning is Phil Kessel.

Phil Kessel, free of the Toronto fishbowl, is the star of the Stanley Cup Final

If they win the Stanley Cup, I hope he gets the Conn Smythe.

Go Shorks though.

Edit: Seriously, though, team USA left Phil Kessel off the World Cup roster. I blame Torts.

Team USA Forwards
Justin Abdelkader
David Backes
Ryan Callahan
Brandon Dubinsky
Patrick Kane
Ryan Kesler
T.J. Oshie
Max Pacioretty
Zach Parise
Joe Pavelski
Derek Stepan